Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2011, 09:30 AM  

My Public Service Announcement

With the holiday celebration just around the corner, many of us will be attending several parties. Please think seriously about how much alcohol you consume and please have a designated sober driver to get you home.

Many cities also offer a free "Tipsy Tow" to get you and your car home safely, with just the cost of a tip for the driver. I know AAA and many other towing companies offer this as a way to give back to the citizens, so please take advantage of it!

As a moderator here, I know I speak for all of us, including the administrators, that we want you to be safe out there.

For those in the Los Angeles area, feel free to PM me and I will personally get you home, if you find yourself out without a safe way home.

Happy Holidays!

Mark

Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I will second that.

We have our company Christmas party this weekend. Open bar from start to finish so things often get a little dicey, but our company booked anyone who wanted one a hotel room with valet service to and from the restaurant, or taxis for anyone who didn't want to stay in a hotel. I think that's pretty classy and smart.

Safe Holidays everyone!

Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
I third that! You can also google "sober ride" or "safe ride", as there are many programs to get you home safely around the holidays if you can't drive.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:30 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Good call Havasu.

I know in my area they offer similar services.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Up here it's called "Op?ration Nez Rouge". It means Operation Red Nose.

It's all volunteers and it's free. They come in one car, drive you and your car home, and then go out on the next call. I imagine they get tipped a lot and get to see all kinds of crazy stuff. It's pretty successful in terms of getting drunks off the roads.

But the waiting times can get pretty long when the clubs shut down. I prefer to just hop in a cab.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 PM  

Houston, Texas
I agree completely. Look out for yourselves and your family. A DWI can be avoided by using good judgement. Any judge will tell you that. Be safe everyone.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Up here it's called "Op?ration Nez Rouge". It means Operation Red Nose.

It's all volunteers and it's free. They come in one car, drive you and your car home, and then go out on the next call. I imagine they get tipped a lot and get to see all kinds of crazy stuff. It's pretty successful in terms of getting drunks off the roads.

But the waiting times can get pretty long when the clubs shut down. I prefer to just hop in a cab.
I would tip them a lot.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.