Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 AM  

Bangor, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
stock for stock, what makes your cj (im assuming thats what you have) more jeep than my jk? and please dont go into "you have a cd player and airbags" my roof and doors still come off, it's gutless and it has the road manners of a ......... jeep lol.
History does

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustlander View Post
ditto damn you flattys!
yup i have 2 cjs and drive them daily
honestly id like to have a jk but if it comes down to it the jeeps prior to Chrysler
where stripped down and basic which imo is a real jeep that and im completely anti Chrysler
didnt really think you would be that offended by it, respect your elders!

does your window fold down?
i must say i am jealous off the hard tops so much better looking and more functional
lol not offended, just sparking some debate, its so dry around here. ya my window folds down. lets break it down to this. amc jeep and chrysler jeep. two different vehicles. my deal is im not in a position to have a good project vehicle, so i need what im driving to be dual purposei have a 20 mile commute on a 75 mph freeway, i dont think that would work out in a cj...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 AM  
minion

Williamsburg, Virginia
why not i do it everyday in a 79 cj rebuilt 4.2 which is at about 80k now with quadratrac, 4 inch lift and 4:10 gears on 33s i get around 18-19 mpg on the highway. now dont get me wrong i cant go much past 75 but it does handle well for what it is no death woble and despite it being a narrow trac cj doesnt realy feel like im going to flip and die.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustlander View Post
why not i do it everyday in a 79 cj rebuilt 4.2 which is at about 80k now with quadratrac, 4 inch lift and 4:10 gears on 33s i get around 18-19 mpg on the highway. now dont get me wrong i cant go much past 75 but it does handle well for what it is no death woble and despite it being a narrow trac cj doesnt realy feel like im going to flip and die.
would you do it when it's -40 outside?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM  
minion

Williamsburg, Virginia
thats when i have to put the hard top on.... i hate my hardtop and blast the heater, it will damn near melt the hair on my legs and has actually gotten hot enough in defrost to make the glue on my inspection sticker melt
Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i totally and completely see how a cj would be a suhweet rig to have. no garage for fixing it + psycho crazy winters + having to drive across the country frequently to visit the wife (in school in arkansas) = need something that will get it done with reletive ease and comfort, but still take the relentless torture that my vehicles endure in stride. i would run a 25 year old vehicle into the ground pretty quick, and if i had a place to fix/maintiain it, that wouldnt be a problem.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
pics of your cj?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM  
minion

Williamsburg, Virginia
i can see reason in that......but ive also seen the price tag on the jks and thats the reason i can stick with my cjs no way in hell i could afford that
Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 AM  
minion

Williamsburg, Virginia
here is one of today lol just walked outside and took a pic, my 82 is in pieces at the moment
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
they make Jeeps with tops ?

Hoss

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads