Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM  
Traveler

A real good example of usery!

I found this ad in our local Craigslist today. This is the atmosphere of many jobs in my area these days.........
ROOFER, LABORER, CARPENTER (Spokane)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-20, 5:55AM PDT
Reply to: job-hxd66-2450924280@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for someone with TPO experience for a project that I have on the Northside. The pay is terrible but atleast its work. Also need laborers for same job and for other jobs. Also looking for carpenter kindof jack of all tr4ades type guy. THE PAY IS NOT THE GREATEST FOR ANY OF THESE JOBS BUT IT IS WORK. EMAIL YOUR NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU THIS MORNING PROMPTLY. c r f f r a m e r 1 @ g m a i l . c o m

Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
If he's gonna you he admits it upfront. He's looking for those who will accept scab wages when men need to feed their families.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:50 PM  
fustrated genius

X2

translated into English it reads; "if you're out of work and desperate to feed yourself & family, come and let me exploit your sorry fate and take advantage of your loser arse and fullfill my greedy needs for your skills at SLAVE rates"
Old 06-20-2011, 04:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
X2

translated into English it reads; "if you're out of work and desperate to feed yourself & family, come and let me exploit your sorry fate and take advantage of your loser arse and fullfill my greedy needs for your skills at SLAVE rates"
Spoken like a true Republican. (they loved it when Mexicans were buying into exactly that deal)
Old 06-21-2011, 01:48 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
If he's gonna you he admits it upfront. He's looking for those who will accept scab wages when men need to feed their families.
You got that right.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
You got that right.
And that's part of the problem. No one is going to put in an honest day's work when they are being paid dishonest wages.

I believe people are more productive and conscientious if they get fair pay for what they do.

I'm not a big fan of taking advantage of desperate family men with mouths to feed.

It all boils down to idiocy and greed.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
And that's part of the problem. No one is going to put in an honest day's work when they are being paid dishonest wages.

I believe people are more productive and conscientious if they get fair pay for what they do.

I'm not a big fan of taking advantage of desperate family men with mouths to feed.

It all boils down to idiocy and greed.
I agree, but it goes both ways. If you agree to work for a lesser sum than you are accustomed, then you still put in quality work.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
If you agree to work for a lesser sum than you are accustomed, then you still put in quality work.
I have no respect for a man that ties his wages to his efforts. Your work should reflect your values. Work demeans no man but many men demean work.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I agree with what you are both saying, but the fact remains.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM  
Traveler

I just gotta say, that when "scumbag" ads like this one come up on craigslist, usually they get flagged fairly quickly, or others will put up ads that pound those ads. I feel fairly certain that usually those type people end up with meth heads and the like. I've seen it many times on low paying jobs. I agree that when you treat an employ fairly, that the employee usually bends over backwards to work hard and shows up early and stays late.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads