Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 AM  
fustrated genius

Sells looked good til tha MAN show'd up

The owner thought it was a fake, but Phoenix police thought otherwise and confiscated a human skull a Phoenix man had listed for sale on Craigslist.

Mike Hale tells ABC15.Com he bought the skull recently at a sale in north Phoenix. Hale believes it is actually the skull of a person between the ages of 12 and 14.

Shortly after the story was on television, Phoenix police showed up at Hale's home and seized the skull.

Phoenix police Sgt. Steve Martos says the skull was taken to the medical examiner's office for obvious reasons.

Hale says he purchased the skull for $1 and listed it for sale for $300. Before the skull was seized, Hale says he'd received approximately 20 inquiries from people interested in purchasing it.

Read more: Skull listed on Craigslist seized by Phoenix police

Old 09-20-2011, 12:10 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
If the cops would have offered the guy $250 it would never have made the news.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:34 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Is it illegal to own a skull?

REAL Human Skull Teeth USC Medical Dental School mandible & cranium articulated on eBay!

Nope.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post

www.craigslist.com

​The skull of a human child that, until yesterday, was for sale on Craigslist has been turned over to authorities, Phoenix police confirm to New Times.

Phoenix Sergeant Trent Crump told New Times yesterday that there is nothing illegal about possessing a human skull "unless you kill the person to get it."

A further description of the legality of possessing human remains can be found in our post from yesterday, which you can see here.

Crump says the owner of the skull, north Phoenix resident Mike Hale, voluntarily turned the remains over to police after word spread that he was in possession of a human skull.

More >>

Tags:

I would think that to own one you'ld better have docs to show who's it is and how they died. That would be my sorry luck . . .buy one of those to scare trick r treaters and find out it's a murder victum.
Sells looked good til tha MAN show'd up-craigslistskull-thumb-500x426.jpg 

Old 09-20-2011, 03:37 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Most skulls are coming out of China right now. Getting any info on how they died would be impossible.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Most skulls are coming out of China right now. Getting any info on how they died would be impossible.
Unless you can get one to talk.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Unless you can get one to talk.
I don't know Chinese.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I am surprised the cops worry about this little stuff, and waste time on it, go stop an armed robber, car thief, bike thief, someone B&E'ing a home, people in a meth or crack lab, the jerk selling cocaine and worse to teenagers, drunk drivers, the old people driving that never look just pull into traffic & hope everyone else is so talented as to avoid the crash, etc.

I can go for a 1 hour drive / motorcycle ride and see between 5 and 200 people that need to be stopped by police, depends on the day and area.
Yet I never see cops getting them.
Nope, just the person selling a measly skull for 300 bucks, or the Dad going to work doing 8 kms/hr (5 MPH ) over the limit getting a ticket.

The cops at least near me are so pathetic and useless, its a good thing for them its aGov. job as 90% would be fired within a week here in the private sector.

Rant over......................Have a GREAT DAY everyone !
Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
I am surprised the cops worry about this little stuff, and waste time on it, go stop an armed robber, car thief, bike thief, someone B&E'ing a home, people in a meth or crack lab, the jerk selling cocaine and worse to teenagers, drunk drivers, the old people driving that never look just pull into traffic & hope everyone else is so talented as to avoid the crash, etc.

I can go for a 1 hour drive / motorcycle ride and see between 5 and 200 people that need to be stopped by police, depends on the day and area.
Yet I never see cops getting them.
Nope, just the person selling a measly skull for 300 bucks, or the Dad going to work doing 8 kms/hr (5 MPH ) over the limit getting a ticket.

The cops at least near me are so pathetic and useless, its a good thing for them its aGov. job as 90% would be fired within a week here in the private sector.

Rant over......................Have a GREAT DAY everyone !
It bothers me too.

At the same time if some serial killer was out there selling skulls how would you know?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
the old people driving that never look just pull into traffic & hope everyone else is so talented as to avoid the crash, etc.
Those people scare the crap outta me. Saw one two days ago. She was so intent on spotting a gap in traffic you could see her patience run out. She pointedly made her move never looking anywhere but straight ahead.

Cell phones took all the fun out of road rage.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads