Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I agree. First impressions have almost always worked for me. I don't think this guy will be able to pull the wool over your eyes, so meet with him, see what he has to say and how he says it and report back.

And I'm glad it's not a case of homoside Britney

Old 08-28-2011, 07:49 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
I ordered a computer(this one) and printer from Dell in 2009. The printer had a broken paper guide. I got an R/A and returned it(printer). After some time, I contact Dell and find my account is "On Hold" (what ever that means) A year later, and without a word or letter of information about my account and not even 1 Bill or statement has been sent to me from Dell, I start receiving letters from collection agents and phone calls from Lawyer for delinquent payments.
Mind you, I've had an account with Dell for many many years and my credit and payment history with them is excellent.

One thing I noticed about the letters from collections is:
There not made out directly to me. They start out, "Dear Sir/Maam" instead of "Dear Mr,Farnam"
There's so much fraud out there, I refuse to respond.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
if a lawyer is an arse to you, you can absolutely threaten to file a complaint against them with your state's bar association, your city's bar association, and whatever else you can come up with (do your research first so you'll sound like you know what you are talking about), and with BBB. also threaten to sue them for harassment.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Could just be an unscrupulous collection agent trying to make his mark on the Collections Wall of Shame

If it's actually a lawyer, that kind of talk is just unacceptable. Tell him to get stuffed and start recording his calls.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
my post above was more for Britney actually, collectors are often not lawyers at all, but you can still file a complaint against them with the BBB. also insist on all communication to be in writing only, no phone calls.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 AM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
by the way, this link may be useful if you ever want to screw with a lawyer...

DIRECTORY OF LAWYER DISCIPLINARY AGENCIES 2010:
http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Could just be an unscrupulous collection agent trying to make his mark on the Collections Wall of Shame

If it's actually a lawyer, that kind of talk is just unacceptable. Tell him to get stuffed and start recording his calls.
This is what I thought. No lawyer will call you either, you will just get served and they will sue you. What sense does it make for a lawyer to call you to get remittance? That would be an expensive call for a debt collector to pay for.

Makes more sense this guy is just a collector telling a lie.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:33 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Lawyers usually send letters. But not knowing what the lawsuit is about even in general terms makes it difficult to provide an informed opinion.

Bottom line is if it actually was a lawyer that said those things, there's bound to be a way for you to redress at least tham issue. Being Canadian, I'n not too familiar with the options open to you, but Juliana seems to be heading in the right direction.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads