Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2012, 05:28 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Yes!
Can you say snowball.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival

Your legislator is right, but for the wrong reasons. The responsibility for determining constitutionality of a law is with the people and the judicial branch. Another way to say that is that the courts are granted the constitutional power to decide controversies arising under the law.

To make Congress responsible for determining the constitutionality of their own legislation would require them to have the powers assigned to the judicial branch. Granting Congress such power, they would have the ability to write any law they wished and declare that law to be legal. Isn't that one of the problems you pointed out about Nazi Germany?
I won't disagree with you and don't think I was trying to state otherwise. My point was, yes a legislative body can pass whatever laws it deems necessary. Only after a law is passed can it be challenged in court.
Jews in Nazi Germany found out how effective that was. That was the point I was trying to make.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways

I won't disagree with you and don't think I was trying to state otherwise. My point was, yes a legislative body can pass whatever laws it deems necessary. Only after a law is passed can it be challenged in court.
Jews in Nazi Germany found out how effective that was. That was the point I was trying to make.
I think you're reaching. I would suggest that the German courts lacked the political authority and power to effectively restrain the Nazi party. Our courts have far more power to enforce their decisions, so much so that they must be restrained from acting unless an injury has actually been suffered, lest they usurp the power of the legislative branch.

I would also suggest that the legislative bodies have adopted judicial review committees charged with exploring and ensuring the legality of proposed legislation.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I think you're reaching. I would suggest that the German courts lacked the political authority and power to effectively restrain the Nazi party. Our courts have far more power to enforce their decisions, so much so that they must be restrained from acting unless an injury has actually been suffered, lest they usurp the power of the legislative branch.

I would also suggest that the legislative bodies have adopted judicial review committees charged with exploring and ensuring the legality of proposed legislation.
Yawn. Now you're telling people what they're thinking? Does the CIA know about this amazing ability you have to read minds? I'm sure they have a job for you. Tell me, in Ohio do judges run for office and campaign? If so do they run as one party or the other? If they are appointed who appoints them? Every day we grow closer to becoming a fascist state that only CLAIMS to have freedoms. Hide your firearms . They're next.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:

Yawn. Now you're telling people what they're thinking? Does the CIA know about this amazing ability you have to read minds? I'm sure they have a job for you. Tell me, in Ohio do judges run for office and campaign? If so do they run as one party or the other? If they are appointed who appoints them? Every day we grow closer to becoming a fascist state that only CLAIMS to have freedoms. Hide your firearms . They're next.
My government is comprised of the people, for the people, and by the people. I don't fear my government any more than I fear my neighbors.

Paranoia is the single biggest threat to America.

To answer your question, in Ohio, judges take office in accordance with public law, hold office in accordance with public law, and are accountable for their decisions in accordance with public law.

Also, no, the CIA was not, but my supervisors at NSA were well aware of my skills and capabilities.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
My government is comprised of the people, for the people, and by the people. I don't fear my government any more than I fear my neighbors.

Paranoia is the single biggest threat to America.

To answer your question, in Ohio, judges take office in accordance with public law, hold office in accordance with public law, and are accountable for their decisions in accordance with public law.

Also, no, the CIA was not, but my supervisors at NSA were well aware of my skills and capabilities.
Wow, you're amazing! You said all all that and managed not to say anything. Didn't even answer my questions about how officials run for public office. Just managed to evade the question with fairy tales. The same ones we got fed in school that this is a free country and fair.
First government of the people, for the people and by the people is nowhere to be found in the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence or any other document other than Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. It IS NOT a right as established under ANY law. Not paranoid, just pragmatic. In a practical sense your statement should read "of politicians/rich, for politicians/rich and by politicians/rich".
At any rate, name calling such as referring or implying that someone is paranoid, is the last defense of someone who has no reasoning, no logic and therefore no argument. And if you truly worked at NSA your judgement is biased anyway and you suffer from a lack of creditability. You have nothing else to say. Now, where's that block button? Oh, it's right he...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
If you really want to know how we get our Presidents, check out the Bilderberg group. It's a globalist group that can claim all our last presidents for 30 years or so as members.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:53 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:

Wow, you're amazing! You said all all that and managed not to say anything. Didn't even answer my questions about how officials run for public office. Just managed to evade the question with fairy tales. The same ones we got fed in school that this is a free country and fair.
First government of the people, for the people and by the people is nowhere to be found in the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence or any other document other than Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. It IS NOT a right as established under ANY law. Not paranoid, just pragmatic. In a practical sense your statement should read "of politicians/rich, for politicians/rich and by politicians/rich".
At any rate, name calling such as referring or implying that someone is paranoid, is the last defense of someone who has no reasoning, no logic and therefore no argument. And if you truly worked at NSA your judgement is biased anyway and you suffer from a lack of creditability. You have nothing else to say. Now, where's that block button? Oh, it's right he...
I suggest you read the constitution again. Lincoln's comments in the Gettysburg address are an excellent summary of the government established by the constitution. Compare and contrast with government by royal bloodline, or theocracy.

Our government derives its powers from the consent of the governed. That, I learned in school.

What I learned from my tenure at the National Security Agency is that government actions are initiated and executed by Americans. The people working within the intelligence community are our friends and neighbors. What I learned was that classification cannot long triumph over conscience; that if secrets are to be kept, those secrets cannot violate the fundamental principles held by Americans.

The claim that our form of government is becoming fascist is a serious charge. How exactly does that happen without the consent of the people?

Your suggestion that you will block me seems analogous to a kid sticking his fingers in his ears and singing "lalalala".

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.