Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2011, 12:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I think we might have a major thunderstorm before the day is out.
I think it may be more than that.......

1 Killed, 39 Injured In Northern Wisconsin Wind Storm

1 Killed, 39 Injured In Northern Wisconsin Wind Storm - Madison News Story - WISC Madison

Quote:
SIREN, Wis. -- Residents in Minnesota and Wisconsin are cleaning up from a fierce storm whose heavy winds toppled trees that killed an 11-year-old girl.
The Friday storm injured more than three dozen people. High winds tore roofs off buildings and left thousands without power.
In northern Wisconsin's Burnett County, authorities said three of the 39 injuries were critical. Emergency officials originally attributed two deaths to the storm but later said one death was an apparent heart attack that might be indirectly storm-related.
Julie Kittleson with the county's emergency response center said Saturday that the storm came at one of the worst times of the year for Burnett County. The rural area has about 15,000 residents but its lakes and rivers about 90 miles northeast of Minneapolis attract up to 80,000 vacationers on a holiday weekend.
Injuries were also reported in Minnesota's Douglas and Meeker counties.
A search continued Saturday for missing canoeists along the St. Croix River.
Wisconsin authorities said the wall of an airport hangar collapsed in Douglas County, causing the building to fall on a single-engine plane.
Wisconsin Emergency Management said that storm damage and power outages were reported in Wood, Portage, Lincoln, Langlade, Marathon and Forest Counties. Wisconsin Public Service reported that 15,000 customers lost power at the peak of the damage and crews were focusing Saturday on Stevens Point, Antigo, Waubeno and Waupaca.
Officials said the damage reports are mainly downed trees and power lines as well as trees on homes and out buildings. Cities that were affected include Wausau, Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Antigo, Minocqua, Tomahawk and Wabeno.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM  
fustrated genius

It's humid today - went out on the desert and it was all cool and wet til you're out there awhile, then it's sticky-icky hot n nasty. walked about two miles ran about 1/2 mile and me & Opie were either sweatin or panting. I had to call in AIR support. (air conditioning that is, of the truck)

Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I doubt I could run in such heat. I'm more used to running in sub zero temps than pizza ovens.

PA track practice began when it was still chilly so running was great till the Summer and the meets began. I liked the crispness of the air as I sucked down as much as I could get.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I doubt I could run in such heat. I'm more used to running in sub zero temps than pizza ovens.

PA track practice began when it was still chilly so running was great till the Summer and the meets began. I liked the crispness of the air as I sucked down as much as I could get.
Totally totally with you on this one!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 AM  
fustrated genius

Today was a lot better. (I started out earlier) got my 5 miles in.. Rained like CRAZY last night and had a nice cool drizzle. I just got in and it's only about 80* here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!