Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM  

Sacramento, California
It wasn't a cruise ship. A bunch of us chartered a private boat down in Nicaragua. It was a motor/sailer out of San Juan Del Sur.

It's on the Pacific side of Nicaragua. They don't get hurricanes there like on the Atlantic side, but there's lots of rocks and shoals. It can be great surfing, but it can be tricky sailing.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:00 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
A sad day indeed...I think it should be made a day of mourning. And maybe a song like the day the gun music died.
Bye bye now I'm not a gun guy.
Put my ship in the slip and I just want to cry

Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM  

Milton, Fl
Are there pictures of other firearms lost?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Ok, sorry to be the one calling it. But I'm calling BS on the boat thing. So far you are dancing around the question of "What happened". I'd like to know how you got your guns to Nic, and why were they on a boat? Where were you going and what were you going to hunt in the ocean? I've never heard of people going to tropical islands to hunt. Not that it can't be done. No one is going to go to Nicaragua to look for for your guns. I don't see why the charter boats insurance didn't cover the guns.

WE NEED ANSWERS DAMIT!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 PM  
You Dirty Rat!

Wilmington, NC
Did this Charter happen around the 1985-86 time frame?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 PM  
Traveler

Fredericksburg, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
Ok, sorry to be the one calling it. But I'm calling BS on the boat thing. So far you are dancing around the question of "What happened". I'd like to know how you got your guns to Nic, and why were they on a boat? Where were you going and what were you going to hunt in the ocean? I've never heard of people going to tropical islands to hunt. Not that it can't be done. No one is going to go to Nicaragua to look for for your guns. I don't see why the charter boats insurance didn't cover the guns.

WE NEED ANSWERS DAMIT!
Its real I know a few guys that were there. They really don't like to talk about it man. Losing a gun is like losing a kid for me. Very painful.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM  

Sacramento, California
Look, I never said we were hunting or fishing, I said we were on a cruise. You can call BS all you want. I wasn't the only one there, you don't need any more details. If my word isn't good enough, too bad.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post

WE NEED ANSWERS DAMIT!
Maybe I can shed some light.

These men are not from the Jeep Forum, or the Plumbing Forum, or even that Coffee Forum.

These men and I are from the Admin's Black Op Merc Forum. Our gear was indeed lost during Operation Crimson Mongoose in The Nic.

Fortunately, it was sealed in airtight containers.

Unfortunately, it made it's way to Monterey, and we can't recover it, as that would violate the hi-cap mag restrictions of California. We have to wait until it drifts to Oregon.

Details enough for you, son?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:40 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorfell View Post
Maybe I can shed some light.

These men are not from the Jeep Forum, or the Plumbing Forum, or even that Coffee Forum.

These men and I are from the Admin's Black Op Merc Forum. Our gear was indeed lost during Operation Crimson Mongoose in The Nic.

Fortunately, it was sealed in airtight containers.

Unfortunately, it made it's way to Monterey, and we can't recover it, as that would violate the hi-cap mag restrictions of California. We have to wait until it drifts to Oregon.

Details enough for you, son?

Please tell me this guy isn't being serious...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-28-2010, 04:16 AM  

Milton, Fl
Don't know. That was the time frame Ollie was called up for a senate hearing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.