Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Not that I've seen, but I'm not around like I used to be.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM  

Sacramento, California
I saw the smiley. I didn't mean to come off so snarky. I understand this is the webz and it can be hard to get all the subtle inferences that occur in a face to face conversation.

Hey you guys, that's enough on the details. Plausible deniability and all that.

BTW, I still can't stand the smell of coconuts.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:07 PM  

richmond, va
We still can't stand the smell of the feet, but we are too debonair to bring that up....
Old 09-28-2010, 03:15 PM  

Sacramento, California
I was trying not to go there.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorfell View Post
I will add this. If you want further details of the incident, they are available in my book, "Crimson Mongoose: The Private War in Nicaragua", published by Fer De Lance Press International.

I'm not here to sell anything, but here's an excerpt, used by permission.

I surveyed the village where my group was spending their earnings from the mission. Drinking and philandering, regrouping. What the hell? They earned it. Three weeks in the jungle. Our guide gone the first day, we got to wear most of his organs when he tripped that Bouncing Betty.

CA357 was swilling p*ss warm beer, and sharpening his Randall. Good kid. No formal military training, he grew up in Asia, wealthy parents, but not wealthy enough to keep the local Yakuza from wearing his gaijin azz out on the regular.

That's when he found a sensei that took pity on him, and schooled him in the Black Arts. He could do things to a man with a potato peeler that bordered on the Satanic.

Cpt. Tango slumped in a bath tub, Felita washing him in coconut milk, and removing sheets of skin from his feet. Jungle rot. Three weeks in jungle boots, so humid, and yet the canvas dry rotted off.

He reeked of the coconuts. From this point out, for all commo on alternate freqs, he would be code name "Coppertone".

I chewed on the sweet cheroot, hadn't realized it went out. Lighting it with my trusty, battle scarred Zippo, I queried, "Tango, you have the gear secured?"

"Don't git yer panties in a wad, Colonel. I lashed it to the raft, it's secured."

I viewed our watercraft, and the raft that was moving away from it, out toward the sea. I arched an eyebrow.

"Did you secure the raft to the craft?"

"Aww, sheepdip."

No such book, and no such publisher. I'm going to politely ask you gentlemen to stop this whole act. You're invading on a perfectly good thread with your nonsense. This is your warning.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM  

Sacramento, California
Okay, you're the moderator. But I thought it was a whole lot more interesting when we were screwing around.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
My new shooter, this one won't sink..

Whadaya think, IWB or ankle carry?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:33 PM  

Sacramento, California
Just Mexican carry it like Plaxico Burriss.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:43 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Holy crap is that a gun in your pants or are you just glad to see me
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
No such book, and no such publisher. I'm going to politely ask you gentlemen to stop this whole act. You're invading on a perfectly good thread with your nonsense. This is your warning.
Well of course not. I had to think long and hard about a publisher that DIDN'T exist, no easy task, I assure you.

To the members and Mod of this forum, the majority of us are here at the request of the Administrator. We were attempting to help give the place a little boost.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the brace of new members at large, most of whom came from this thread.

We are members of Firearmstalk Forums, and invite those interested in guns and humor to visit us, even sign up.

If we confused anyone with a good natured attempt at providing a boost in traffic, we apologize.

I'd also like to thank whomever it was that had boosted my kudo count within 3 posts. Apparently, some of you got the joke.

When I do write "Crimson Mongoose", PM me, and I'll autograph a copy for you.

Ta,

BB

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.