Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2011, 05:08 AM  

Houston, Texas
This is a easy one.
What well known product is named after the number of attempts it took to develop it's formula? Easy!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
This is a easy one.
What well known product is named after the number of attempts it took to develop it's formula? Easy!
WD40...They got it on the 40th try..

Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx

WD40...They got it on the 40th try..
Nope. Next.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:21 PM  

South St. Paul, Minnesota
Quote:
This is a easy one.
Heinz 57 ?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm just going to throw this really easy one in here before I pull the pin for the weekend.

W5 the first interracial kiss on North American television.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm just going to throw this really easy one in here before I pull the pin for the weekend.

W5 the first interracial kiss on North American television.
Kirk and Uhura.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
This is a easy one.
I gave half the answer in the question. Formula 409.
I'm working on another, a real brain bender. Someone else can post after that.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:19 PM  

Houston, Texas
OK, here it is. Plenty of clues.

I was born on October 9, 1948 in Heidelberg, Germany where my father worked for “Stars and Stripes” newspaper and my mother, Beatrice Amanda, was a housewife and was given the first name of Clyde. I don’t use my first name but go by my middle name. I have 2 siblings, brother Edward was born in 1949 in Frankfort am Main, Germany and little sister Gracie was born a number if years later and passed away in 1998. At age 3 I moved to the Highland Park area of Los Angeles, CA. I received my first guitar at age 10 and by age 16 was performing folk music at local venues like Ash Grove and The Troubador Club. I graduated from Sunny Hills High School in Fullerton, CA in 1966.
I moved to Greenwich Village, NY in 1966 where I joined the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and opened for The Lovin’ Spoonful on tour in CA but spent my time in NY where I backed Tim Buckley and the singer Nico from the Velvet Underground. Additionally, before my 18th birthday I became a staff writer for Elektra Records’ publishing company, Nina Music. After leaving NY I returned to S. CA where I formed a folk band but my early efforts were on song writing and singers such as Tom Rush, Greg Allman, Joan Beaz, Linda Ronstadt, and the Byrds performed my songs. I also co-wrote one of the most popular songs ever recorded in American music but did not release my own record until 1972 on Asylum Records.
Over the following years I released several records with various themes ranging from my own personal angst, to the environment to politics. I am still very active in the environmental movement and my girlfriend of 10 years, Dianna Cohen, is co-founder of Plastic Pollution Coalition.
I have been married twice. The first was to model/actress Phyllis Major in 1975 who I began a relationship with in 1971 and have a son, Ethan, born in 1973. Phyllis committed suicide in 1976. I married Australian model Lynne Sweeney in 1981 and a second son, Ryan, born in 1982. We were divorced in 1982. In 1983 I began an often tumultuous and volatile relationship with a well know Hollywood actress that ended in 1992.
I have received numerous awards including being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Bruce Springsteen, the Songwriters Hall of Fame, an honorary Doctorate of Music from Occidental College in Los Angeles. I have received the Harry Chapin Award, the John Steinbeck Award, and the Gold Medal from the Academy of Excellence awarded by Sen. Tom Daschel.
My greatest achievement is having worked and performed with such people as Bonnie Raite, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen, The Doobie Brothers, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Ry Cooder, Chaka Khan, Peter Tosh, and Tom Petty. I was fortunate to mentor Warren Zevon.

Who am I?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 PM  

Nashville, TN
I am Jackson Browne.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I am Jackson Browne.
Give the man a cookie! Bingo!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.