Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2011, 08:55 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
UFO's

Add your thoughts, skepticism, experiences on the subject.

Recent "sighting"
UFO Sighting Spooks Lafayette, Colorado Town - ABC News

And another one.
http://www.thedenveregotist.com/news...#comment-24249

Old 03-28-2011, 09:08 AM  

Greenville, SC
I wholeheartedly believe in UFOs. If it is in the sky, I don't know what it is, then it is a UFO... (Unidentified Flying Object).

On a more serious note.... I highly doubt we have ever seen "alien spacecraft."

I wouldn't eliminate it from the realm of possibility that there is something somewhere out there though.... Anything is possible I guess....

Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
For the actual definition of "UFO" of course Unidentified Flying Objects exist. Anything "flying" that cannot be "identified" is a UFO

I should have title the thread, Alien Craft, Intelligent Alien Life, and the History of Earth and Human Beings in relation to the realities of the Universe(s).
Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM  

Greenville, SC
I was just joking, I knew what you were talking about... Again, I have a hard time believing many (if ANY) claims of seeing alien spacecraft.... I have read many accounts and seen shows on them. Some of it seems fairly compelling. I still don't believe it. I guess it is possible something is out there.. Only because the solar system is so vast.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
As a kid well before Sputnik two of us watched three independent objects cross the sky one night. They were lit, moved independent of eachother and were a solid unblinking light source.

Given the vastness of the universe it seems elitist to think we're alone or the most advanced form of life.
UFO's-rocket-ship-blueprint.jpg 

Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I was just joking, I knew what you were talking about...
I know, I just wanted to be a bit more specific in what i was looking to discuss.

I'm willing to hear both sides of any topic of discussion, I am a believer that we are not the only intelligent life in our universe. Statistically I find it impossible to think we are. IF we are, then we sure don't behave like it. Our society sure can be self-centered and ignorant to the "bigger picture".

I doubt we are on this planet to destroy it and each other.

If those "UFO's" are from other races, I don't feel there is a whole lot to worry about regarding them. If they wanted to invade and take over, they would have and would not be concerned with the impact their presence would make on our society.

@blucher

Very interesting! Have you seen or experienced anything similar since?

If it is all just secret military craft, then WOW! When did we leap forward so quickly in science and physics?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I am of two minds on this subject, one is that there is always something out there thats is unexplainable. And the other is that there is always someone out there that likes practical jokes.
I have seen lights in the sky that can not be explained and the way they moved off at different angles away from each other can not be explained, but i do belive that we are not alone in this vast universe either.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:52 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Well put. I have to admit though, it took me a while to notice the red arrow and object it was pointing to.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM  

What red arrow?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
IF we are, then we sure don't behave like it. Our society sure can be self-centered and ignorant to the "bigger picture".

I doubt we are on this planet to destroy it and each other.
Very accurate IMO. We're a relatively young life form. We've displayed a talent for torture, murder and enslavement.

By law an argument that leads to physical blows is a crime when we do it as individuals. If a country does it we expect it.

In just a few generations we've discovered how to kill our planet and all life on it but we think such ability is a key to peace???

I don't think much of our track record thus far. If a God put us here to see how we behave I'd imagine self destruction draws an *F*.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads