Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I don't know whether any of you read Louis Lamore, but I ran out of stuff to read at home and just pick one out of our library at home seems i can stop reading them now. I also read scifi stuff. I have read all the Terry Goodkind books. Plus I read David Weber and a few other too.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:10 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
No refreshments Joel. I got home from work, got comfortable on the couch and started doing a little bit or reading. I woke up with the book on my face at two in the morning at which point I crawled into bed and went right back to sleep.

I liked all of Kurt Vonnegut's books. All I've read by Tom Wolfe is The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and The Monkey House, and I've watched his movie The Right Stuff.

If you can find it and like history, try the Conquest of Mexico and The Conquest of Peru by W.H. Prescott.
Thanks, I'll look for those. If you come across "Man in Full" by Wolf, it was a really good story.

I've been reading my Cornwell and working on a few beers today, suddenly a nap is sounding good.

It seems our host is on vacancy again.....lol

Old 03-12-2011, 02:22 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
I don't know whether any of you read Louis Lamore, but I ran out of stuff to read at home and just pick one out of our library at home seems i can stop reading them now. I also read scifi stuff. I have read all the Terry Goodkind books. Plus I read David Weber and a few other too.
I always liked Zane Grey's western novels, and I'm fascinated by science fiction from the 30's to 70's. I think the best book I ever read though was The Growth of the Soil.

Now. I will cook Portuguese Giblets. Maybe I will take pictures .
Old 03-12-2011, 02:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Thanks, I'll look for those. If you come across "Man in Full" by Wolf, it was a really good story.

I've been reading my Cornwell and working on a few beers today, suddenly a nap is sounding good.

It seems our host is on vacancy again.....lol
I think we should buy him a sign!
Borislav
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-vacancy.jpg 

Old 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Portuguese Giblets my way

I start with a bag of giblets that I've been saving up

and a recipe

The first ingredient is chicken hearts and gizzards. Just chop those suckers up!
I had some necks I didn't even know I had

I heated some olive oil in a big pan, tossed that mess in & fried it well for a few minutes.

While that stuff was cooking I got my other stuff ready.

We're talking a measure of paprika, half a measure of ground cumin, a quarter measure of ground cloves, a bay leaf, hot pepper to taste, a couple of chopped onions and some crushed fresh garlic.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:28 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
.....and then.....
Once the giblets were nicely fried, I removed the pan from the heat and stirred in the spices really well, and then got that sucker back on the heat asap! I dumped in the onions and the garlic and about a half a cup of white wine and let it cook for about half an hour (or more). I stirred it a lot and added wine/water as required.

Had it with some rice and it was pretty darn good.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Nice Alex...it does look very good, loved the vacancy sign..lol
Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Haha, imagine Borislav's smile if Fedex showed up at his door with that sign one day!
It would be priceless!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 PM  

I'll chip in!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Boys boys boys … please do not be envy .... I had only a weekend, not a vacancy … my next vacancy will be 21 Apr – 1st of May – here it is Orthodox Easter … I intend to do 7-800 km bicycle tour …
meanwhile in the weekend here was the true spring, so I did 2 x 50 kilometres ….

Joel … pickled eggs are better and better – I again did a salad – 3 eggs mayonnaise and white cheese.

Alex – your meal looks perfect … no way to try it, because here we had only separated giblets – liver, heats and so on …. A kilo in a bag.

And my 2 favourite books I deal last 2 years are Earth Physics and Meteorology course … maybe tedious, but it is interesting for me …

From USA authors the best for me is John Steinbeck and his book for Doc – leaving in Monterey … I do not know the English name of the book…never mind awards he got for his other books, I love this one most of all ….

https://bgbybike.tripod.com

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads