Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM  
ceilingfan collector

burleson, texas
a warning to everyone

to all whos plan on getting a new bed,mattress,blankets,sheets..etc or first time getting one..etc,listen up (very important)

never ever buy a used one at the thrift store,goodwill..etc because my neighbor bought a used mattress at the goodwill and it has bedbugs on it and got bad enough that went though his walls..etc and got into my apartment,oh man i never been though this stress when i came home after the pest control sprayed..

i have to:

throw away my pillows(one was bought like a month ago)
some of my stuff got thrown away
i got at least 3 bags of clothes to wash
i had to leave out of my comfort zone(my own home) by stay at mom and dad's house
i came home with huge mess
i had to buy new pillows,sheets..etc(means i had to spend $$$ all because my old ones got ruined
i got bitten on my arms,legs..etc

best part is least my neighbor pay the pest control as part of his punishment for cause all this mess to me and 2 other neighbors so my neighbor paid the pest control $3000.00 so thus he got what he desrve is by losing $3000.00 out of his pocket,hope he learn his lession and like to see him move so this won't happen again(least in/near my home/building)

John 3:16
my web cam page https://www.mycampage.com/emerson
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM  

That is very unfortunate for all involved.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
MY BIL had an incident too, they've been real bad in Texas.

To my understanding Texas is one of the only states that can sell reconditioned mattresses.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:53 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Media reports indicate bedbugs are a big problem in Montreal as well.
There's some things I would never consider picking up second hand, and a mattress and bedding are part of that list.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
It's done out of necessity, not by choice.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:03 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
There's always a choice.

I'd rather sleep on a hammock or on a camp cot than on a bug infested, second hand mattress.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:04 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
My buddy always sleeps in a hammock. He started after his fourth combat tour to Iraq. I don't know how he does it, but he says he just got so used to sleeping outside that's all he can do.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-24-2011, 06:01 AM  
ceilingfan collector

burleson, texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
My buddy always sleeps in a hammock. He started after his fourth combat tour to Iraq. I don't know how he does it, but he says he just got so used to sleeping outside that's all he can do.
i slept on hammock before(like once in my life) just for fun in my backyard when i was younger,not that comfortable but i did slept though
John 3:16
my web cam page https://www.mycampage.com/emerson
Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 AM  

Houston, Texas
I tried to donate a mattress once years ago and they wouldn't take it for that exact reason. I guess these organizations are so strapped for cash now that they will. Somehow I got the impression it was a Texas statute rather than a local ordinance.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:09 AM  

Massillon, Ohio
I slept on an air mattress from Walmart for 2 years until I could get a real bed. Just the thought of sleeping in unknown nastiness from an unknown person (who may have wet the bed, slept around, etc.,) kept me from ever getting a used bed...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.