Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM  
American

Your not allowed to tell the truth as you see it here with out getting banned so I lost interest in this site. There are thousands of other sites and I have been posting on a few dozen for over 15 years now and this was my only my second band camp visit.
I won't be participating much from now on. This site seems to prefer it's troll.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I like the forum sites that dont have or allow any kind of political or religeous topics to be discussed what-so-ever. Any slight hint of these types of topics being started on some of these types of forums get you banned instantly, and usually for good.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 PM  

Greenville, SC
I sort of enjoy the political banter as long as it doesn't get overwhelmingly slanted and diluted with nonsense... I imagine that can be a matter of opinion..

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I think it's fine as long one doesn't spill over into another.

We need to keep controversial stuff in the right place.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM  

Greenville, SC
I agree!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
And Mr. Arrows is the perfect example of how NOT to act in the said forum(s) that people are talking about now.

I would agree with close to 90% of what you posted LA, but the manor that you posted it and the underlying hostility is chances are what got you reprimanded. I would be hard pressed to believe that you were spanked because you 'had an opinion' or 'point of view'.
Its when it becomes radical and hostile (and starts to affect those around you) is when it becomes an issue that needs to be addressed.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Your not allowed to tell the truth as you see it here with out getting banned so I lost interest in this site. There are thousands of other sites and I have been posting on a few dozen for over 15 years now and this was my only my second band camp visit.
I won't be participating much from now on. This site seems to prefer it's troll.
You got a week off, not because of your opinions, but because of the hateful inflammatory way you express them.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
as for my geographical location....

As for the state forum I participate in:
I began posting new topics of things that I was interested in that I think/hope/suppose others might be interested in. These are topics that I've not seen mentioned anywhere else.
I post the most in the Cincinnati forum, where I live, and I am the one who began the items about restaurants, movie theaters and celebrities. I wonder if those of you who live in other cities might want to start similar topics for your areas. Not just what I've mentioned, but other venues that you know a lot about in your hometowns*. Sometimes all a newcomer or visitor wants is a list of places and then he or she can pick from them.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM  

Greenville, SC
I have an example... I am planning a move to Alaska... I have started a couple of threads seeking some info to no avail.... I have posted a couple of other things too in the auto section for example... Not much activity...

Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I can't for the life of me find that thread on JF about bringing guns to Alaska via Canada.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads