Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Or they lie so much they buy into their owns lies and begin to think they are true.

Those are the worst.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
My sister is like this. She lies to cover her arse. Then after a while, she begins to believe them. Very delusional. You know shes lying. She knows shes lying. She knows that you know... sad.

If I get caught in a lie, I own up to it. I try not to lie, but then again, most people are the same way. I usually do not confront someone about a lie unless I know for a fact that they are lying. I like to ask them, face to face, about said lie- just to see if they can lie to my face knowing that I know.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
My mother is the worst. I won't even talk to her anymore. Haven't in 3 years.
The only time I will even be around her anymore is when my nephew is involved.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:46 AM  
Traveler

'[ have no regrets'--meaning I didn't do/say anything that you should be upset about. It is your problem, not mine.

geez Louise---that tells me that the person is a child. What is the big deal--just say--I didn't know you felt that way and I am sorry or something.

'I have no regrets'---and then he signed the date that he became involved with the military. lol---I've known other members of the military and they don't say things like that. just an excuse---not exactly a fine example of someone who had a military career and considerable success in such a career.jmo.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I am ex military. I don't use it as an excuse for anything but my night terrors. lol
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
'[ have no regrets'--meaning I didn't do/say anything that you should be upset about. It is your problem, not mine.

geez Louise---that tells me that the person is a child. What is the big deal--just say--I didn't know you felt that way and I am sorry or something.

'I have no regrets'---and then he signed the date that he became involved with the military. lol---I've known other members of the military and they don't say things like that. just an excuse---not exactly a fine example of someone who had a military career and considerable success in such a career.jmo.
If he 'has no regrets' why do you regret for him?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
What ticks me off on a regular basis are the people who rely on the government the most, but respect it the least.

We are surrounded by a plethora of PHRA (Public Housing/Redistricting Authority) communities where I am now, and a good portion of these folk just piss me off to no end. Their lack of respect for most anything not in relation to them is just disgusting.

The latest that made my blood boil was at a show I was working. "Please rise and face the Ensign (American Flag) for the presentation of the National Anthem"

These bungholios 'rose' BUT THEY DIDNT REMOVE THEIR *%$(#*%# HATS!! They instead sat there with their heads cocked sideways and a look as if "Can we just hurry up and sit down now?"

I was furious...
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
What ticks me off on a regular basis are the people who rely on the government the most, but respect it the least.

We are surrounded by a plethora of PHRA (Public Housing/Redistricting Authority) communities where I am now, and a good portion of these folk just piss me off to no end. Their lack of respect for most anything not in relation to them is just disgusting.

The latest that made my blood boil was at a show I was working. "Please rise and face the Ensign (American Flag) for the presentation of the National Anthem"

These bungholios 'rose' BUT THEY DIDNT REMOVE THEIR *%$(#*%# HATS!! They instead sat there with their heads cocked sideways and a look as if "Can we just hurry up and sit down now?"

I was furious...

Oh that enrages me also. I hate it when I am at the drag strip getting ready to race and thy always do the anthem before we race and people will do that and some won't even stand or will talk through it. I want to punch them so bad.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
If he 'has no regrets' why do you regret for him?
shrug---Sort of surprised at the 'hypersensitivity'--somehow I crushed his ego? Very surprised that he didn't think it would bother me to never hear from him again in college--and that it wouldn't bother me that he married someone who was 'clearly much better' than me. So why would he want to see me again=---I didn't meet his standards--I know I am not worthy of someone like him. How is it that he wouldn't think that I understood that?

'I have 2 kids, an exciting military career and I'm selling Real Estate in Pensacola'---close to a perfect life. I am certain he doesn't lack for attention there---he has the 'Hot Babe' and the boat and the weekend home in Destin.

What could it matter what I thought. My world had truly just fallen to pieces---and there was a legitimate reason that I couldn't be perky and happy at the exact moment he 'found me'. It was the 2nd Christmas after my brother's death and my mother was depressed/90 years old--and my uncle was dying---in a nursing home---my cousin's breast cancer had returned---I'm sorry I wasn't festive enough. I'm sorry that I am the sort of person that believes that it is best to clear out the cobwebs before continuing in the same pattern. If I don't say--'That hurt my feelings'--and pretend it did not--that is not exactly honest. Resentment builds.

He has a Master's in Counseling and has taught Psychology at a University--I truly thought he would be able to cope.

Something else is going on--whether I ever know or not--I am certain of that.

After he said 'I have no regrets'--I said--'Well, you always told me the truth before so I'll just have to learn to accept that.' What else should I have said?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:14 PM  

Corvallis, OR
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
In PA I lived on the edge of Amish country. The land undulates so you rarely can see far enough to safely pass. Being behind a buggy wears thin on NYC tourists so they frequently end up dead.

I share the road with a ton of farm equipment in this Willamette Valley.
Howdy fellow Oregonian, I call 'em the combine races (oxymoron that) one summer afternoon after I had a late bus arrive at the station I work at the driver remarked about what an impediment these combines on the highway are. I nodded and understood but nothin' I can do about it.

20 minutes later a combine pulls onto our driveway and an irate farmer jumps out wanting to report the driver for recklessly passing him. I asked how fast did he pass you? He replied he had his combine maxed out at 21 mph~on Hwy 20.

Now, I'm not ranking on farmers here and I know without them we'd be starving, but can't we just all.......get along.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!