Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
There's something about where you've got that dog repellent mounted that's just not right

Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 PM  

Houston, Texas
You have a very twisted mind!👀

Old 11-19-2011, 07:18 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
As do I. There will always be stupid people who lower the overall life expectancy of their demographic group (i'm thinking 18-35 yo males). Better to just ignore them and go about your business.
I want to make something clear about why I ride a bike. I am a commuter, I go from point A to point B by bike. I don't own, need or want a car/ truck/ jeep/ Segway/ jet ski/ etc. Fact is a the current time I don't even have a drivers license, just a state ID. Some may be thinking that the reason I don't have a license is that it was taken for tickets, DWI, etc. You would be wrong. Never had a DWI and my last moving violation was about 10-11 years ago. I don't have a license because I can't pass the eye exam to get me license renewed. I have cataracts and until I have surgery (about 2-3 years on a waiting list through the VA) it is not safe for me to drive. But I don't mind. Keeps me in shape. That way when I do come across someone who thinks they have more right to be on the road they will fond out what t's like to deal with a very PO'd vet.
Pic 1. My commuter bike. Note the U-lock inside the frame. Works very will for dispensing information about bicyclist rights. ut then again I have yet to encounter a motorist who actually has the huevos to get out of the car.
Pic 2. Don't leave home without it. Capsaicin and related Capasaicinoids 35%. Same brand USPS letter carriers have. Works very well on dogs (and if need the dog owner).
No need for explanations
Old 11-19-2011, 07:43 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
No need for explanations
I know, but the thread is "What...regular basis."
Old 11-19-2011, 09:10 AM  

Palm Beach County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
First, in this specific situation he was already beside me when he honked. I know what I said in the post but if you want specifics he was already beside me. Second, you need to learn traffic law. A bicycle is treated the same as any other vehicle on the road. In case I didn't make my point clear I will state it again, a bike and a car DO NOT have any rights or (get ready for this because I am about to use a big word) responsibility, the operators of those vehicles have rights and (oh dear, here's that word again) responsibility. If you are sayiing it's "standard practice" then you are saying, for yourself, it's standard practice to violate traffic laws. I this case the law is that it is illegal to pass a moving vehicle on a 2 lane residential street.
What further proof that you don't know what you're talking about. Go north up I95 from Del Ray Beach to 520 west and into Orlando and go to the Orlando Police Department. Ask for Officer Bill Edgar and ask him about this video>
Dude! Who do you think you’re honking at? | Commute Orlando
In case you are missing the point I'll explain it to you. Your opinion, and mine are irrelevant. It's about the LAW.
And to answer your question: Yes, when I'm doing 10-15 miles an hour on a public road in a residential area where it is illegal to pass a moving vehicle, YES, you stay behind me. A bicycle is treated the same way as if it is another car or a Mack truck. When a bicycle is on the road it has the right to occupy the ENTIRE lane the same as a car. Deal with it. It's the law and if you can't or won't obey the law, walk because you're not (Gosh darn it, he's using that word 3 times, may I should look it up) RESPONSIBLE enough for a car or a bicycle.
I need to learn the traffic law?

I think you should have been as far to the right that you could safely be.
Look at #2 page 9-7 from the Texas DMV driver handbook:

SHARING THE ROAD WITH BICYCLES
Bicycle Rules For Motorists
1. A bicycle is a vehicle and any person riding a bicycle has all of the rights
and responsibilities as a driver of a vehicle.
2. Bicyclists are required to ride as far right in the lane as possible only
when the lane can be safely shared by a car and a bicycle, side by side.

Only certain conditions allow the bicycle to take the whole lane like a car and in your story those were not met.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Interne...Forms/DL-7.pdf
Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecu View Post
I need to learn the traffic law?

I think you should have been as far to the right that you could safely be.
Look at #2 page 9-7 from the Texas DMV driver handbook:

SHARING THE ROAD WITH BICYCLES
Bicycle Rules For Motorists
1. A bicycle is a vehicle and any person riding a bicycle has all of the rights
and responsibilities as a driver of a vehicle.

2. Bicyclists are required to ride as far right in the lane as possible only
when the lane can be safely shared by a car and a bicycle, side by side.

Only certain conditions allow the bicycle to take the whole lane like a car and in your story those were not met.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Interne...Forms/DL-7.pdf
That's the law. And who makes that decision if a road can be safely shared? Not the person diving the car. Their safety is not in danger. It' s the person riding the bike who determines if the condition is meet. On a multi-lane street, yes. On a two lane residential street you keep your a*s behind me. If you don't want to be stuck behind me while I'm doing 10-12 MPH turn around and find a different street. Yeah you need to learn the law AND HOW IT"S APPLIED. Did you even bother to watch that video? But you probably didn't need to watch the video, either because you already know it all or it was you in the car P****g his pants. Still honking at cops on bicycles?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:26 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Another thing that really ticks me off on a regular basis is getting up in the morning and not having a cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee waiting for me when I get downstairs after my shower.

I know it's chauvenistic, but it is true!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Another thing that really ticks me off on a regular basis is getting up in the morning and not having a cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee waiting for me when I get downstairs after my shower.

I know it's chauvenistic, but it is true!
Now we know how your day started.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:05 PM  

Manning, Iowa
A little known fact !

Folks that park too cloose to my vehicle !
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I drink coffee, smoke when I'm stressed, and occasionally rub myself down with foul smelling stuffs.

That being said, stop using natural toothpaste, it's nauseating having to talk to you.

I carry mints for all those horrible smelling things I do. I don't understand why someone in the service industry wouldn't be more mindful.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads