Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
What's it like being able to sleep in the middle of the day? Like being teenager but not as much smart mouth?
I don't think my day has a middle..and I don't have a reason to be tired!!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post
I don't think my day has a middle..and I don't have a reason to be tired!!
The more I sit around the more tired I get. I can imagine it's similar with retirement.

What time do you wake up? Most people I know who are retired still wake up at 5 or whatever it was when they were working.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
The more I sit around the more tired I get. I can imagine it's similar with retirement.

What time do you wake up? Most people I know who are retired still wake up at 5 or whatever it was when they were working.
I used to get up a 4 AM when I was working...Did that for 20 years!! Now I get up anywhere from 2 AM to 4 Am !!

I retired in June of 2008 and I can not sleep late!! I tried everything, no nap, stay up late..etc...Nothing works..
Old 02-04-2011, 01:04 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
I used to get up a 4 AM when I was working...Did that for 20 years!! Now I get up anywhere from 2 AM to 4 Am !!

I retired in June of 2008 and I can not sleep late!! I tried everything, no nap, stay up late..etc...Nothing works..
I can't sleep late either. I try. Once my eyes open, I'm up and moving. I usually get to work 30-60 minutes early because of it.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
My work week consists of Monday and Tuesday then Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then the next week is only Wendsday and Thursday. So in 14 days I only work 7. My day starts when the alarm goes off at 4am. I have a shower and get lunch ready then leave for work by 5am. I stop and grab a coffe at 7-11 and arrive at work aprox. 5:40. I get changed into my coveralls then go and see what is messed up out on the plant floor. Most days are pretty quiet and quiting time is 6:00pm. home by 6:45pm.
Kinda nice tto work this type of shift as I get a long weekend every second week and have time off in the middle of the week, so scheduling appointments and stuff is good too.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
That explains the nocturnal posts

Quote:
Copious amounts of vodka sometimes help me sleep till 6 or 7 AM.

Quote:
I can't sleep late either. I try. Once my eyes open, I'm up and moving. I usually get to work 30-60 minutes early because of it.
I always keep my eyes closed when I wake up hoping for more minutes of bliss.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:28 AM  

Corpus Christi, Texas
Sadly I dont have a work day. I have yet to find a job. But I still normally wake up around 9, and go to sleep whenever......With no naps lol
Old 02-05-2011, 02:50 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
I work Monday through Friday But go in very often on the weekends to catch-up. We are open 8:30 to 5:30 except I do hospital rounds before and after work so thats more like 6:30am to 8:00pm. I am self employed so during that time I do surf the web and work on notes and compliance.
I don't know when or if I'll retire as I truly enjoy what I do with the exception of dealing with insurance companies and the government. They make me work twice as hard, charge twice as much and profit 1/2 as much.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
I work 4 days week, 4am-3pm on Monday, then Tues-Thurs I work 4:30am-3pm
Alarm goes off at 3am, usually try to talk the wife into a little slap & tickle, usually she kicks me in the shin and tells me to go to work. So I get up, eat a little something and am out the door. Stop at the gas station for a cup of coffee.
Do my thing at work, then go home, eat dinner, kick the dog, pet the wife, harass the kids...whatever. Try to be in bed by around 10pm so I can get at least 5 hours of sleep.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Ummm.... Sucky.

Up at 0630 out the door by 0715 at work by 0800. Break time from 0900 to 0930 lunch from 1200 to 1230 and leave work at 1630. Home by 1715.

I hate work.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!