Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2010, 07:47 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Im going to have to disagree with you... This season has sucked big bazoongas
isn't that a compliment?

Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Im going to have to disagree with you... This season has sucked big bazoongas
I need you to define bazoongas for this to make sense, but I think you mean it negatively. In which case, huh?

Starting a thread on Futurama now. You are going to have to explain yourself.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Where are you getting 10,000 members?

All i see is 777
Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 PM  

Provo, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otahyoni View Post

All i see is 777
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otahyoni View Post

All i see is 777
When this forum was first started, we had faux profiles being created. I think the admins finally got a hand on it a few days ago.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 AM  

Franklin, TN
The forum is a great idea, but there are only a handfull of people who are actually active and putting time into it...recruitment is hard because you might get someone to join but there's so many areas without information that they may not find much use for it. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkonyn View Post
The forum is a great idea, but there are only a handfull of people who are actually active and putting time into it...recruitment is hard because you might get someone to join but there's so many areas without information that they may not find much use for it. Just my thoughts.

What would you propose be done to make it more attractive? I love the idea behind the forum - moreso based around connecting people around their areas, rather than around an idea or hobby.

Let me know what you think!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM  
New guy, what's this?

Riverside, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
What would you propose be done to make it more attractive? I love the idea behind the forum - moreso based around connecting people around their areas, rather than around an idea or hobby.

Let me know what you think!
I concur! I don't see much use in it right now, but I'm trying to stick to it! New forums are hard to start.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM  

Franklin, TN
Starting a forum is allot like starting a company, you have to find an interest in the "market" and be able to get the word out to those with the interest. For example, allot of us came from the jeep forum, why'd we join the jeep forum? How did people find out about it?

Here are a few ideas, these will require a bit of work, but, I think we have enough active and willing members to spread it around.

What we have going for us is a great URL, and a great idea. State websites, at least the TN website, are great for getting the news out. Why don't we put together a formal letter and send it to the government websites? I know on the TN website they are all about local...local restaurants, local social networking, ect. I'm sure they would gladly put a link w/ description of our forum.

Traveler forums and websites, in my mind, will be our greatest asset. Why don't we draw people this way, and when they realize the benefits of the website, perhaps they'll stick around.

Organization is KEY. Right now, if I go to the TN portion of the forum, there's two sub forums for Nashville and Memphis. I realize for someone who's not from TN or been to TN, it may seem like that's great. But if you visit here, you don't go to memphis, you go to Franklin, LeipersFork, Knoxville, Chattanooga.
:
Local Events - Make a sub forum for events in each state forum. It's free advertising for them, it's organized so we won't have advertising all over the forum, just in one place and if we did it right we could have a compiled list of all the events going on in that state...an extremely useful tool for anyone.

SEO - Search engine optimization breathes life or death into a website. Optimizing keywords, releases, publicity, ect so that when someone searches "things to do in TN" we are in the first results. How do we do this? Well, there are websites such as EzineArticles Submission - Submit Your Articles For Massive Exposure that will allow you to publish an article about your website. You don't do this necessarily for people to read, but to get your name recognized by a search engine.
Google, for example, has an intricate algorithm for deciding what sites it places on the first page of your results. It looks to see what sites are linking to you. If "Site X" links to you, it rates that link based upon how "legit" that website is. For example, if i was to go and get a free web hosting and put nothing but our link on this website, google would first find a link to our site, go back to "Site X" and scan the page to find keywords, see how large and how active the site is, and then give that link a rate. In my example, the free domain with just a published link would give the link a rate of zero. No one visits the site, there's no content, nothing.
BUT, what if a state government site links to us? Google back tracks to the gov site, see's how large, active, and content regarding the state and would rate the link a 5. the more 5s you get, the more likely your site will pop up when someone searches for what we offer.

I've written allot and am sorry...but you asked . I want to emphasize this, some of these ideas may not work, we may get turned down by some allot of sites, but some may like the idea, ect. ALL these ideas are free.
It works...my company is proof.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
^this

10char

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.