Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
Woman tries to Ship Puppy for a Birthday Present

Woman tries to Ship Puppy for a Birthday Present

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link

A Minnesota woman has been charged with animal cruelty for trying to send a puppy from Minneapolis to Atlanta via Priority Mail, reports the Star Tribune.

Stacey Champon, 39, told postal workers to be careful with the box because it was very delicate, and that if they saw it move or heard noises, it was only because it contained a robot. The box had a few air holes, but she had sealed over them with mailing tape that tightly sealed the package. Champion was apparently mailing the pup to an 11 year old as a birthday present.

But with no air, no food or water, and temperatures that get down to minus 40 degrees in the cargo hold of the postal plane, the puppy would have been DOA when he landed in Atlanta two days later. (What a birthday surprise that would have been for the child. There?s probably little quite as scarring as receiving a dead puppy in the mail on your birthday.)

Fortunately, the puppy moved enough in the box at the post office that the box fell off the counter. When it landed on the floor, workers could hear panting sounds. They got the OK to unwrap it, and discovered a super thirsty four-month-old poodle-schnauzer-mix puppy named Guess.

Champion was later cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty and has 10 days to appeal. Meanwhile Guess is in the care of the city?s animal control. If Champion declines or loses her appeal, the puppy will be up for adoption.

And here?s the kicker: Champion had paid $22 for postage. She later returned to the post office and asked for her money back. (They didn?t give it to her.) The Star Tribune reports that she never inquired about the pup?s well-being.

And now she wants the dog back.

This is a true recent event.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
That's just sick...

Old 02-06-2011, 09:20 AM  
Traveler

I already commented about this woman on another forum, but I'll mention it here too. Put her dumb... in a nice tight cardboard box with plenty of strapping tape and send her to North Korea for a year or two.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM  

Plain and simple....SICKO!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Two words.
Enforced sterilization!
We don't need this disease in the gene pool.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Two words.
Enforced sterilization!
We don't need this disease in the gene pool.
Unfortuneatly, it's already a pandemic!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
I am happy members are responding to this because this lady, and people like her need to be exposed for things like this. I also believe it should be a felony charge not a misdemeanor because she knew exactly what she was doing was wrong. Animals cant defend themselves against this kind of plain out cruelty so we need to look out for them.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 PM  
Traveler

I applaud your view Wjjones and glad to see you over here! So many people think that animals don't have the same pain or suffering as people, and therefore shouldn't have the same rights. I wholly and emphatically disagree! Lawmakers, through education and pressure from animal rights groups are changing all that, little by little. This family supports both finacially and in spirit nearly every single animal rights group!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:38 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Why would they give her the puppy back? The refund sure, but the puppy?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!