Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2010, 03:19 PM  

North Canton, Ohio
Jeep communities in Akron Area

Good afternoon all, Just wanted to mention that there are a lot of friendly Jeep drivers in the Akron Ohio area.

I've found that very seldom do jeep drivers not wave as we pass each other on the road. And in that respect those that do not wave are typically preoccupied with trying to navigate through tough traffic or something of the likes.

I've heard of jeep communities in other areas of the country that do volunteer work a few times a month that makes good use of their 4 wheel drive vehicles and equipment. Unfortunately I have not seen anything like this in the Akron/Canton area of Ohio.

Does anyone know of any good jeep groups that I could be a part of?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM  

Akron, Ohio
I would love to be in a group that does that kind of work. I drive a wrangler and I see about half of the people waving in Akron and maybe the other people just aren't paying attention .

Old 10-16-2010, 02:07 AM  

Canton, OH
I know you are asking about the Akron area, but just south here in Canton is a group called Hall of Fame 4X4 trailriders. They are a great bunch of people and you can look them up on their website hof4x4.com. They regularly do community service events. I believe their last one was a Quaker Steak and Lube in North Canton and it was a blood drive for the Red Cross.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 PM  

North Canton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconZJ View Post
I know you are asking about the Akron area, but just south here in Canton is a group called Hall of Fame 4X4 trailriders. They are a great bunch of people and you can look them up on their website hof4x4.com. They regularly do community service events. I believe their last one was a Quaker Steak and Lube in North Canton and it was a blood drive for the Red Cross.
Thanks for the heads up there! I will have to look into joining their group if they will let me in. I'm in North Canton so that would be close enough for me! I see on the forum that they even took part in a carshow at my old church...I guess it really is a small world...
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Subscribed. I'd be interested in some kind of volunteer work as well. A Jeep with a winch is a fun tool.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!