Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 PM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
North East Ohio Bad Traffic Thread

Post up bad traffic you may notice on your driving journeys to work/school/etc. so other people can try to avoid the troubled areas.

Irregular bad traffic conditions are probably going to be most common posts so that people can just go a different direction to work for just one day. Mention the time that the bad traffic occurred and possibly how long you were "stuck" in said traffic, and possibly the reason for the traffic(accident, bad weather, etc.)

Regular bad traffic conditions(daily basis) are also welcome and if you would like to give up your secrets, try to explain the alternate routes you may take to get where you're going each day to avoid the congestion.

Please don't hesitate to post as the more info we have here the better we will be

Old 09-30-2010, 10:30 PM  

sharana, afghanistan
i have drove over half the US and OHIO is by far the worst drivers i have seen. not just NE

Old 10-04-2010, 04:29 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
I live in Cincy and I think we have the market cornered on bad drivers. The worst thing is the left hand exits, nothing like a school bus doing 50 in the fast lane on I-75 during rush hour so they can get off at Galbraith rd.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 AM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallpep View Post
I live in Cincy and I think we have the market cornered on bad drivers. The worst thing is the left hand exits, nothing like a school bus doing 50 in the fast lane on I-75 during rush hour so they can get off at Galbraith rd.
I drove through there earlier this year coming back from Gatlinburg. I was probably stuck in traffic for over 1.5 hours just in cinci and the immediate area, it started backing up about 5 miles from the ohio/kentucky border and didn't end until about 25 miles outside of cinci. I will never drive straight though cinci again.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 AM  

Canton, Ohio
I thought Ohio was bad until I ventured out, I swear you would think turn signals were an option on cars in some cities.... Although Interstate I-77 is literally an accident looking for a place to happen...
Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
I have my issues with Michigan drivers personally, but I think any major city will have it's share of boneheaded drivers. Some days are worse than others, and I still swear by the "Full Moon Effect" on people.

Just days ago I ran into more bad driving in a couple of hours around Toledo, than I had in several days time in the past.

I'm not usually and aggressive driver, but I do believe in common frickin' sense! HEY...lousy drivers! Pull your head outta there! There are more people on the road around you......YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE, AND YOU DO NOT OWN IT!! So, look around you and pay attention to more than your phone conversation or the song on the radio! Tunnel vision is dangerous!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTJWillys View Post
I have my issues with Michigan drivers personally, but I think any major city will have it's share of boneheaded drivers. Some days are worse than others, and I still swear by the "Full Moon Effect" on people.

Just days ago I ran into more bad driving in a couple of hours around Toledo, than I had in several days time in the past.

I'm not usually and aggressive driver, but I do believe in common frickin' sense! HEY...lousy drivers! Pull your head outta there! There are more people on the road around you......YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE, AND YOU DO NOT OWN IT!! So, look around you and pay attention to more than your phone conversation or the song on the radio! Tunnel vision is dangerous!!
So I shouldn't be drinking my stupid expensive coffee while talking on the phone, adjusting the radio, and driving? Well shoot! At this rate that nice man I sent $2000, my SS#, and my mother's maiden name won't get me my winnings from an obscure politician who recently passed away! What is the world coming to?!?

In all seriousness, I am kidding about the money scam, and I agree that people need to focus on the road. I only talk on my phone while driving when I have to and I use a headset for those times.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascaders23 View Post
So I shouldn't be drinking my stupid expensive coffee while talking on the phone, adjusting the radio, and driving? Well shoot! At this rate that nice man I sent $2000, my SS#, and my mother's maiden name won't get me my winnings from an obscure politician who recently passed away! What is the world coming to?!?

In all seriousness, I am kidding about the money scam, and I agree that people need to focus on the road. I only talk on my phone while driving when I have to and I use a headset for those times.

Here here. Talking on the phone (with or without a headset) is one thing, but at least your eyes are on the road and one hand is on the wheel. TEXTING on the other hand..........

And I see so many people doing that. But the worst is when you're behind one and they are concentrating so much on texting that they unconsciously start slowing and swerving, and before you know it....we're 10 under the limit and I have a semi parking in my trunk!!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 PM  

dayton, ohio
if you ride a motorcycle WHATCH OUT in ohio. people love to turn left right in front of you.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:10 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
i have actually seen people doing their taxes, reading books, shaving, make-up, hair (male and female), nails, changing clothes and things the passenger should be doing to driver i have seen in reverse....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!