Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2010, 05:08 PM  

Toledo, OH
November 2nd Elections.

Well, the election is just around the corner. While I'm not a fan of the Democratic way of taxing me and giving money away, I still remember Kasich voting for the "Assault Weapons Ban."

Strickland has been doing some good things for the 2nd Amendment folks, but at the same time, he's got Obama Stumping for him. Other than his pro 2nd Amendment track record, I have precious little good to say about his tenure either.

The question is who would get your vote? Why?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM  

Bryan, Ohio
Well I try to stay away from the emotional hot buttons of election day. I've never had a Republican or a Democrat come to my house and try to take my guns and niether side is really going to try to change the abortion law. To me it's mostly about the economy. The way I see it Ohio has to redefine itself jobs wise. Automotive jobs just won't be here in the future. I think Strickland has a better plan for redefining Ohio.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 AM  

Xenia, Ohio
I voted Republican wks ago

No offense I cast my vote Republican all the way. I'm not to worried about them taking my guns. I just don't care for the Democats and their way of thinking.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 AM  

Bryan, Ohio
None taken, I'm fairly conservative so I usually vote Republican.
It looks like Strickland lost. I just hope the new administration creates jobs.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM  

Xenia, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by next633 View Post
None taken, I'm fairly conservative so I usually vote Republican.
It looks like Strickland lost. I just hope the new administration creates jobs.
I sure do like alot of folks in reguards to that one for sure. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM  

Windsor, ohio
Let's just hope for some change to Ohio! So sad that my husband and I work 40 hours a week, pay our taxes, pay our bills & mortgage and still have trouble making ends meet with our 2 kids. There is NO help for the people who do it right. Our 5 month old daughter is on special food/formula because of Health Problems and costs over $300 a month just for that. Our insurance won't cover it(which I pay over $200 a month for that) and we can get no aid from the State/Government because we make too much money. But trust me...we don't make that much! If I would quit my job, collect unemployement and be like those that have countless kids and no jobs, them maybe I could get some help - SO SAD! I watch people turn down jobs in our office all the time because they can make more staying on unemployment. We just need some relief to come soon!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:34 AM  

Xenia, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrlyBabe4 View Post
Let's just hope for some change to Ohio! So sad that my husband and I work 40 hours a week, pay our taxes, pay our bills & mortgage and still have trouble making ends meet with our 2 kids. There is NO help for the people who do it right. Our 5 month old daughter is on special food/formula because of Health Problems and costs over $300 a month just for that. Our insurance won't cover it(which I pay over $200 a month for that) and we can get no aid from the State/Government because we make too much money. But trust me...we don't make that much! If I would quit my job, collect unemployement and be like those that have countless kids and no jobs, them maybe I could get some help - SO SAD! I watch people turn down jobs in our office all the time because they can make more staying on unemployment. We just need some relief to come soon!
I really do feel for you and your situation. I am on dis-abilty income luckly my wife still works but I have a parent with the big C-Cancer and I tend to my 8-yr old G-daughter. This economic situation has hurt so many familys. I too like you hope something will ease alot of the hurting money wise famil's across this great nation. I understand too about not getting fed/state aid because they also claim too much income in the household which is nuts,with what the fed/state says is too much. We are not rich by any means. Someones head is way up in the sand.....
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So how do you feel about Strickland being gone now?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 AM  

Xenia, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So how do you feel about Strickland being gone now?
I honestly cannot say that the new Gov will be any better . Only time will tell on that issue.I can only hope and pray for good things to come or pass for us all and our children and G-children, because they are the future.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.