Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM  

Another vote for Cedar Point. What type of things do you like? Ohio has a large mix of things to do.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati has the Museum Center with a great kids area and a whole section dedicated to the City of Cincinnati, not to mention you can go up to the old railroad control tower on certain days and see how the rail yards are run. You also have the zoo which is good for a day.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
Speaking on behalf of NW Ohio........can't do it.....not one! (but here's SEVEN, if that's ok!)

Head to Put-In-Bay Island!! Put in Bay | Put in Bay Hotel | Put in Bay Lodging | Put-in-Bay Ohio
Get there via the Jet Express in Port Clinton, Jet Express | The Fastest Way to Put-in-Bay and Kelleys Island | Put in Bay Lake Erie Ferry or via Miller Boat Lines' Ferries in Catawba. Miller Boat Line: Put in Bay Miller Ferries to Put-in-Bay (putinbay) and Middle Bass Island, Ohio
Of course, you could always charter a plane, or fly your own.
Several attractions and activities, plus shopping and nightlife, make Put-In-Bay a really good choice!!

Catawba Island is worth going to, for a visit and tour of the winery there, as well as dinner in their restaurant! Historic Mon Ami Winery and Restaurant .

Not far from Port Clinton and Catawba is the African Safari. Drive through and feel a bit like you're on the Serengeti. (But just a tiny bit, after all.....it's still Ohio, not Africa) Plenty of animals to watch. Very interesting! African Safari Wildlife Park | Home And yes, the animals WILL enter your car window and give you a kiss, if you allow it!! Happened to my father. While we were all watching one of the animals give birth out the passenger side, (we were surrounded by animals that literally ran over to us, guarding her, while she gave birth), one of the animals surprised my father with a healthy lick to the back of his head from the driver's side window! Scared him silly, but didn't spook the animal, which stayed right there "smiling" at him! IIRC it was a Llama, or something.

Then there's the Toledo Zoo, speaking of animals. A highly underrated Zoo, if you ask most. I've not been there in years, myself, but many friends go regularly, and report that it keeps getting better all the time!! The Toledo Zoo

Traveling a bit south to Archbold, Ohio, brings you to Sauder Village. Old time charm at it's best and some of the best cooking you will ever find!!! www.saudervillage.com

If you like the shooting sports, then it's worth it to visit the National Matches at Camp Perry. The center of the Universe for competition shooting!! CMP Home and/or NRA National Rifle & Pistol Championships, Camp Perry, Ohio

Then of course there's Cedar Point.........has anyone mentioned Cedar Point yet? LOL CP Mobile

And there's more, but this should keep you busy for a while! (Do I sound like I should be a travel agent here??)

ONE good reason? Can't do it.....there are way too many to just give ONE!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:43 PM  

Monclova, Oh
Toledo Jeep Complex, Zoo, Art Museum

This past weekend a free tour was given w/refreshments of the entire Jeep Facility. From the Wrangler production to the Liberty & Dodge Nitro. Soon to come Fiat.

Very informative. Also, visit the Jeep Museum for fun facts you may never have known.

When your done touring the jeep Facility. Head on over to the Toledo Zoo or the Art Museum ranked high as the best.

Also, in the fall are the apple butter festivals at the local orchards, The State & County Fairs are second to none.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
YES!!! I'd forgotten about the Toledo Museum of Art.
And, my hometown of Oak Harbor has their annual Apple Festival running right now. ALL THINGS APPLE. Pie, butter, strudel, cider.......whatever you can think of!!

Ahhh....Ohio....truly the HEART OF IT ALL!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Cleveland isn't exactly central by any means but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is worth seeing at least once - and if you're into music you could easily spend days there! I second the recommendations for Cedar Point though its better in the summer when it stays lighter for longer
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM  

Beaver, PA
People are posting some good stuff... Cedar Point, Put-in-Bay, Wright Patterson AFB, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, etc... Cedar Point is definitely top of the list though!

Wellsville Ohio and JeepSkool in Windham PA are both good places to go wheeling if you ever take that Jeep off road...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM  

phoenix, az
the turn pike .. you have to drive it everything looks the same since there isnt a darn thing on it..
Old 10-06-2010, 10:59 PM  

Columbus, OH
The topic has been pretty well-covered...however one place not mentioned yet is The Ohio State University. Gotta check out The Shoe if you're coming this way!

And again, depending on what you're in to, The Columbus Zoo is one of the top-rated zoos nationally. Easton Towne Center is a neat shopping/dining experience if you come to Columbus. It has an outdoor plaza with fountains and shops, kind of resembles a town within a town.

COSI is pretty cool (Center of Science and Industry), and The Spaghetti Warehouse is right next to it (neat atmosphere, decent Italian.)

Cleveland of course has the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, as well as various sports avenues.

Canton has the NFL football Hall of Fame.

Oh, and if you're into frisbee golf, OH has TONS of courses. You could make a week long trip just touring and playing them.

If you let us know what you're looking for, we could be more specific.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:47 AM  

marietta, ohio
beautiful nature and nice big corn fead deer

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.