Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM  

Portsmouth, Ohio
Portsmouth ohio

Portsmouth ohio is where to be.
located on the Ohio river the southern most point in the state.
beautiful hills and scenic serenity a great place to relax or call home.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM  
Live From Mars

Fairfield County, Ohio
Been awhile since I've traveled down to your area. Always like the scenery of Southern Ohio.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:36 AM  

southeast, Ohio
You're right in my backyard Draco but I have to disagree about the southernmost point in the state thing. South Point is the southernmost point in the state. That's why they call it South Point. I worked in South Point for years. Glad that's over to be honest. I'm a lot closer to Portsmouth though. I don't really like to give out too many details online but I suspect you'll know where I'm at if I say I'm just upriver from the Burg.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:20 PM  

Maybe it's because i live and was born in Portsmouth but IMO, there's nothing in Portsmouth to see. Go to Ironton instead. At least they have things to do in Ironton.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM  

southeast, Ohio
Things to do in Ironton? Like what? At one time Portsmouth was an amazing city. You're just not old enough to remember it most likely. They had an NFL team there for one thing. The team eventually moved to Detroit and became the Lions. Ironton had a semi-pro team but Portsmouth nearly won an NFL championship. Now the interesting things in Portsmouth are antique shops. You may find that boring but if you enjoy history at all you can find it in one of those shops. They also have one of the best steakhouses on the planet in Portsmouth, the Scioto Ribber. Ironton has nothing that compares.Then there's the college. They promote lots of concerts there among other cultural events. Nothing to do in Portsmouth? I don't think so. You just need to know where to look. I lived in South Shore for over 15 years so I know something about Portsmouth.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 AM  

None of that matters anymore, Ironton has a university too, Ironton has better antique shops as well as other shops, and I've actually lived in Portsmouth for 21 years so I think I know a little more about it than you do. Kennys steak house in Vanceburg is a much better steakhouse than the ribber.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!