Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 PM  

Trotwood, Ohio
I love the open spaces between the cities... especially in the fall with the changes in colors. The winters are just tough enough to make me feel manly without too much real danger and the spring is great with all the yellow forsythia bushes and purple redbud trees. Drive long enough and you'll cross a river or two.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
I love the hunting, the fishing, and the different seasons it brings for my toys. Mud, snow or dust im in the woods with my Xj!

Old 10-21-2010, 06:07 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Not from there wife is and we visit about 4 or 5 times a year.

I love the people. Living in the Rat Race that is Northern Virginia it is nice to see people wave when you drive by their house. Not just give you a dirty look.

Me I love the grass. You guys don't know how nice it is to not have to spend every waking minute working on your lawn to make it look half way nice.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:08 PM  

Fleming, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Not from there wife is and we visit about 4 or 5 times a year.

I love the people. Living in the Rat Race that is Northern Virginia it is nice to see people wave when you drive by their house. Not just give you a dirty look.

Me I love the grass. You guys don't know how nice it is to not have to spend every waking minute working on your lawn to make it look half way nice.
Dang, you got chatty in a hurry...LOL

Anyway, I can care less for most of the larger cities in Ohio. I've lived in the Cleveland, Toledo, Akron/Canton areas. Now, back to SE Ohio and I don't want to live anywhere else. Just the sheer nature part of it all. Ohio is small land area wise, large population wise, but once you get to the country, it is just amazing. Northern part is flat, but the southern part is hills, hills and more hills. I loves me some mid-Ohio Valley living.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 AM  

Bryan, Ohio
I'm from the northwest corner and admittedly a little biased,but it's arguably the best place to raise a family. Good schools, friendly people and home of the dumm-dumm sucker and the etch-a-scetch. When I bought my first home I asked for the key and the couple laughed and said they lost it 25 years ago and just never locked the door.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:20 PM  

Wood County, Ohio
Because we're allowed Machineguns,Silencers,SBS,SBR, AOW's & D.D's

As a Firearm Dealer in Wood Co., it is always a pleasure to inform others that Machineguns,Silencers,SBS,SBR, AOW's & D.D's are legal in Ohio, and in turn they become future friends & customers!.
Wood Co. also used to be the "Pheasant Capital" of the World!. We used to have them everywhere along with Rabbits. My Childhood was filled with Hunting and Trapping too. Loved It!.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 PM  

Toledo, OH
Ohio's hunting and fishing are top notch. Too bad you can't use bottle neck cartridges to hunt here, but other than that, it's a fun time, living in OHIO.

Oh, For what it's worth, I like the fact that you can own Class II Firearms.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
We might move to ohio. Whats up with the no centerfire for deer hunting?

Modern slugs and front stuffers are just about as fast and deadly as most centerfire for deer.

My main pray for hunting is varmints. Is it hard to find farmers willing to let you shoot ground hogs on their property?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 PM  

Toledo, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
We might move to ohio. Whats up with the no centerfire for deer hunting?

Modern slugs and front stuffers are just about as fast and deadly as most centerfire for deer.

My main pray for hunting is varmints. Is it hard to find farmers willing to let you shoot ground hogs on their property?
Center fire is okay. Just not bottle necked cartridges. I have a 30-06 that hasn't taken an Ohio Deer EVER......

The law states strait walled pistol cartridges only in Ohio. Dumb law, but that's how it is.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:29 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
So I can get one of them handie rifles in 500 smith and hunt deer with it?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.