Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM  

Soonerville, Where the wind come blowing down the range
More Snow?

I love this, more snow. Yet another opportunity to teach people that a properly prepared four wheel drive vehicle is a necessity in central Oklahoma.

Jeep YJ and ZJ never had a problem with the last snow. Other than I finished the tread on the YJ playing in parking lots pulling donuts. Oh well, I needed new tires this month on it anyway.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
yeah you need a 4 wheeler if you don't know how to navigate the oklahoma weather. i've got a 2wheel drive 1500 suburban with revo's on it and had not one problem in the 17" snow we got.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:17 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Bring on the snow!!...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
you don't have to beg bro were goin to get slammed!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Kinda disappointed that we only got about 6"...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
YAH they kinda hit the low side on the forecast, good thing , our streets dept sucks at getting us mobile, heck schools are closed again cause the jacklegs can't seem to get to any of the streets around the schools. bunch of check collecting morons!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:01 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Yeah I agree. Went out at lunch today (2pm) and streets hadn't been touched yet. Which really is okay with me as I get around just fine with 6" of snow on the road. Heck my normally 45 min drive only took me an hour this morning. I don't think the schools should be closed though for only 6" of snow, was never that way when I was growing up.

Can you imagine if Colorado or other snowy states closed school every time the white stuff appeared? Kids would only go to school a few months out of the year.

If this kind of weather keeps up, Oklahoma really needs to get their act together. We had two major snow storms last winter, 1.5 this year...

This can happen multiple times each winter as far as I care though. If it is going to be cold at least the snow gives me something to do to enjoy the cold.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Bookmark this Page!