Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 03:28 PM  

Castle Rock, CO
Pig Hunting

My sister recently moved to Oklahoma City. I am planning on visiting her a few times this year.
I've heard that there is some good pig hunting around there. Any suggestions on where to go?

Old 11-11-2010, 03:21 PM  

Sallisaw, Oklahoma
I thought someone would have answered you by now. There are a lot of hogs in my area but most of the land is privately owned and either leased out or promised out to family/friends. I have some property but with outlaws, in-laws, family, friends and neighbors, its pretty much over hunted. People are getting where they don't let others hunt on their land anymore. Most of my in-laws lease their land out to hunters from Tulsa and Ft Smith. Good luck, hope someone on here has some better news for you.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:15 PM  

Sidney, ohio
I have hubted pigs with catch dogs a couple of times in the past. THAT is a rush..ALLENR I was in sallisaw years ago to pick up some game roosters. One of the nicest ( people wise) places I have ever visited in my life.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM  

Tulsa, ok
We have lots in NE ok. but I am not sure about the OK city area. Call the game wardens in that area they will give you some tips on public hunting areas and what has been seen in the area.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 AM  

Ardmore, Oklahoma
There are quite a few people run dogs in southern OK.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM  

There are lots of hogs in the SE part of the state. They have torn up our old farm like you wouldn't believe.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:28 AM  

There are thousands of feral hogs in the s.e. corner, and millions of acres of public land, but we're 4 hours from OKC. Not really worth it, since unless you're using dogs and catching live by hand, it's not that exciting.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM  

yeah i have been on my friend's farm in Arcadia but we have yet to even see one. SE Oklahoma has more than we do here in central OK

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma
Bookmark this Page!