Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
I'd like to move to omaha

i need to get out of the friggin heat of phoenix and we checked out omaha a few weeks ago and really like it. especially the gretna and papillion area. i'm a windows admin I.T. guy.

any suggestions?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM  

Omaha, Nebraska
Papillion is a great place, I live in LaVista, which is next to Papillion... burbs of omaha.

Careerlink.com | Job Seeker is a local online classifieds

Good luck... soon you'll want to leave here due to the cold. haha

Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
thanks for the info. i'll check that out too.

i doubt i'll want to leave for a while. i've baked in this God forsaken place for 23 years now. being from Cleveland orignially, i now miss the 4 seasons bad!! christmas, thanksgiving, halloween, even easter just aren't the same here. it never feels like a holiday, it's just another day to bar-b-que. big friggin deal. besides, we want horses and land to ride them on that's not made from vocanic rock. in other words, i'm sick of this place and everything else looks better right now!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM  

Omaha, Nebraska
haha yeah. I have a buddy that moved from the northwest to phoenix for a job to better his career and such. Been there for two years now and he is trying to get a job back home since he misses all that as well.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 PM  

Bellevue, NE
I live in Bellevue which is also a "burb" south of the Omaha metro area in Sarpy county. Same as Papillion and LaVista. I'd suggest looking in Sarpy county to avoid some of the new taxes associated with Douglas County and the City of Omaha.

I've lived and worked in Omaha and the general area is a great place to live and raise a family. For the most part everything is about a 20-30 drive (max), unless the weather is causing an issue. :-)

In general, people are very friendly and if you're looking for a wide range in weather conditions then this is the place for you. You'll get the hot and cold extremes and everything in between.

Good luck to you and yours!
Nettie
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM  

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Omaha is a great place to live and work. My sister lives in Papillion and had a number of friends who are displaced "left-coasters" who are now full-fledged Nebraskans. The cost of living is very low and the amenities are great for a town of that size.
I'd rather live closer to downtown, public transportation leaves much to be desired in Omaha.
Omaha also has low unemployment, especially when compared to the rest of the country. My bro-in-law is an IT guy and he is doing quite well.
Plus, you have Husker football!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
well, although i like college football, my saturdays are usually filled with things to do around the house or with my kids. being in phoenix we get all 4 of the major arizona college games, ASU, UofA, Grand Canyon, and the Arizona Cardinals. but we don't really go to any of the pro sports games because i see it as a total waste of my money. tv is good enough for that.

but it seems your right about all the other things especially around papillion and that being a great area. we really liked what we saw around there. i'm getting more and more serious about checking into jobs around there as our time here grows shorter til the end of the school year. that's when we'd like to move. it's just a scary thought of picking up and moving after being somewhere for 23 years!! hahaha
Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM  

Omaha, ne
If you want suburban living, you're looking in the right place by looking at Papillion. Bellevue might be a good choice too.

If you want urban, get within the city limits of Omaha. We live in Omaha proper, and absolutely love it.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:15 PM  

Bellevue, NE
I have lived in a few different cities and I can say that in the 7 or so years I have been here, Omaha has been a good place to be. There are some geographical drawbacks (no mountains, oceans, lakes, very cold winter, etc.) but the city itself has a growing number of things to do and it is easy to get around.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:00 PM  

Omaha, NE
Elkhorn is a nice western suburb of the city too.

I'd suggest finding a job before moving I made that mistake and sat around for a month...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads