Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 07:14 AM  

Omaha, ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
I've lived in both Douglas and Sarpy counties and each have their places in my heart but the new Omaha restaurant and wheel taxes are sending my money to Sarpy. I still go to Iowa to buy my gas tho! :-)
Not going to disagree with your right to protest, but think about all the money you're spending to not spend that 2.5% restaurant tax.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 AM  

Omaha, NE
Back to the topic of LaVista, you guys also have Lucky Bucket brewery! Highly recommend the brewery tour, you can find the times of public tours on their website.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM  

Bellevue, NE
I used to live in midtown Omaha and I now live in Bellevue. I miss living in the middle of town and being so much closer to everthing. What I don't miss is getting abused by wheel tax (over $120 to register a 15 year old piece of crap car every year, really?). Bellevue is nice and my location in midtown wasn't as good for a family. Not that midtown isn't good for a family but my location wasn't. Omaha does need to get their taxes in check but my property taxes are way high here in Sarpy county as well. The whole state is way overtaxed.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 AM  

Omaha, ne
^ What were you registering that cost over $120? Even with this year's increase, my truck is $99 to register.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 AM  
A4C

Omaha, Nebraska
I agree Sarpy is a great place to live, much better than Douglas, the property taxes can get a bit ridiculous, but Im ok with that, at least it goes to support the community and I'm not being nickled and dimed to death as I am in Douglas.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:48 AM  

Omaha
I have taken a pole around work, and for the most part Papillion has lots to offer. This would include acess to hwy 370, some new busines, new development, lots of growth, Sarpy county courts, sheriff, and DMV, and lots more. My family has lived here for five years and we love that we can drive to lots of places without taking long, access to shopping (the new Shadow Lake Town Centre), and much more.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 AM  

Jeep Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemasonJeeper View Post
Good thing my Jeep is fixed. Last year I found out my transfer case was broke and wouldn't go into four wheel drive.

This year should be fun.
Hello..fellow jeeper. Do you know anywhere in the area to wheel? Have you checked out the "Just Jeeps of Omaha" jeep club?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:16 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Back to the topic of LaVista, you guys also have Lucky Bucket brewery! Highly recommend the brewery tour, you can find the times of public tours on their website.
Where is the Lucky Bucket brewery?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:44 PM  

Omaha, Nebraska
+1 on that!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Bookmark this Page!