Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 12:17 AM  

Porterville
I bought my Jeep used from a dealership. They sold it to me without a front license plate and I've had the Jeep for two years and never have gotten pulled over for it. I only recieved one comment from a sheriff that I knew personally, but he didn't do anything. Should I go to the dealership or the dmv?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJosh View Post
I bought my Jeep used from a dealership. They sold it to me without a front license plate and I've had the Jeep for two years and never have gotten pulled over for it. I only recieved one comment from a sheriff that I knew personally, but he didn't do anything. Should I go to the dealership or the dmv?
The dealership has no control over license plates. Go to your local DMV office, and hand them your single plate, and they will issue you two shiny plates along with the year/month stickers.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:03 AM  

illegal, but not really enforced, I think
Old 12-17-2010, 03:01 PM  

are there any laws about having fenders?
Old 12-18-2010, 04:10 PM  

Kentucky
Illegal or not, I would say it depends on if you are doing anything that you wouldn't want any attention drawn to you about, like drinking or smoking, you would want to be legal all the time every time. Not that I condone that sort of thing.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 PM  

it is illegal not to have a license plate on the bumper, but most police officers wont give you a ticket for it.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM  

Orange, California
I haven't had a front plate for the last 4 or 5 years and have yet to have a problem.

One day I was talking to a good friend of mine who is a police officer and I asked him about that and some other stuff regarding my Jeep that aren't "legal", and he told me that as long as you don't look like you're out to cause trouble most cops won't care.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
If it were me, I'd study the law and figure a way around it. The beauty of laws it that they're often vague - havasu mentioned the code number. Go look it up, look at what they say about how high it can be. If it doesn't have something specifically saying it has to be clearly visible, etc. - maybe behind the grille? Or maybe mounted behind your new aftermarket bumper? Be sure and carry a printed copy of the regulation, so any cop to pull you over (which is extremely unlikely in the first place), you can throw it in their face.

Let us know what you end up doing!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM  

Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Be sure and carry a printed copy of the regulation, so any cop to pull you over (which is extremely unlikely in the first place), you can throw it in their face.

Let us know what you end up doing!
hahah thats genius lol.

i just got some lightforce 170mm lights for xmas from my dad, he told me there is a law that says that i must have it covered while driving on the road. True? whats the exact law?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 PM  

California Vehicle Code 24402. (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 16 inches nor more than 42 inches. Driving lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the upper beam from headlamps and may not be lighted with the lower beam.

and:

California Vehicle Code 24411, which requires auxiliary lamps on an off-road vehicle to be covered or hooded and turned off whenever he vehicle is driven upon a highway. Specifically, the section states:

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a vehicle may be equipped with not more than eight lamps for use as headlamps while the vehicle is operated or driven off the highway. The lamps shall be mounted at a height of not less than 16 inches from the ground, or more than 12 inches above the top of the passenger compartment, at any place between the front of the vehicle and a line lying on a point 40 inches to the rear of the seat occupied by the driver, shall be wired independently of all other lighting circuits, and, whenever the vehicle is operated or driven upon a highway, shall be covered or hooded with an opaque hood or cover, and turned off.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.