Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2011, 02:59 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill View Post
if there is not a designated place to attach it do not need a plate on the front.
Incorrect information. All vehicles registered in California are required to have two license plates, except for motorcycles and certain heavy commercial vehicles.

Was the vehicle licensed in California? If so, you were lucky they didn't put up a fight. You can release the one plate to your local DMV and they will issue you the mandatory two plates, for what I believe is $15.00. The "it was like this when I bought it" also applies to modified exhaust, tinted windows, no license plates, removed cat converters, bypassed smog, etc, and will normally cause you to receive a ticket.

Since I'm retired, it doesn't matter to me but I'm putting out this information to save you money and the headaches one normally gets after receiving a citation.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 PM  

Huntington Beach, CA
So how about those off road lights, do i need those toys covered up with a black cover? I keep getting comments "dude you'll get pulled over for not having a cover on that light" but i have not been pulled over yet. I can understand if i have them ON while driving in the city.

so is it really a law? if so do cops really give a shxt about it?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 AM  

It is not high on the priority to issue you a citation for it, but does give probable cause to stop and sniff around. If the lights are not covered by a solid cover (not a clear cover), they must not be able to be activated while sitting in the cab.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM  

I remember buying a car in Calif and taking it back home to NV and not seeing the front lic. plate because the spoiler was bent back I put my NV plate on the back and got pulled over with guns drawn on me and my wife. The were able to see the front CA plate and as we drove by, also saw the back NV plate.....They were NOT happy. the cop ripped the front plate off my 69 mustang with his hands.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 PM  

Californias laws are ridiculous
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
It is not high on the priority to issue you a citation for it, but does give probable cause to stop and sniff around. If the lights are not covered by a solid cover (not a clear cover), they must not be able to be activated while sitting in the cab.
I guess I've been lucky. I've had a few police officers from Anaheim walk up to my Jeep and compliment me about it. I have lights on there that they do not make solid covers for (LightForce)...or if they do, I don't know about it. It's almost a judgement call from PD to see if someone is the type to use off-road lights in an illegal manner or not. It may even be an "add-on" ticket if you already get pulled over, say for speeding. "Oh...you also don't have covers for your lights? Well...let me write you up for that as well..."

That's why I don't speed, and I certainly do not bring attention to myself when I drive!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:50 PM  

Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringin10 View Post
I guess I've been lucky. I've had a few police officers from Anaheim walk up to my Jeep and compliment me about it. I have lights on there that they do not make solid covers for (LightForce)...or if they do, I don't know about it. It's almost a judgement call from PD to see if someone is the type to use off-road lights in an illegal manner or not. It may even be an "add-on" ticket if you already get pulled over, say for speeding. "Oh...you also don't have covers for your lights? Well...let me write you up for that as well..."

That's why I don't speed, and I certainly do not bring attention to myself when I drive!
lightforce lights usually come with the clear and black covers... mine did anyways.. they do exist i think i saw some on "4wheelparts" or some website that is similar to that.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Seriously? You have to put covers on off-road lights?

Wow. What idiot did what to make people think that was a good idea?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Seriously? You have to put covers on off-road lights?

Wow. What idiot did what to make people think that was a good idea?

In PA it's jacking deer usually. My Tradesman came with a sealed beam mounted on the roof. I used it a couple times to signal my displeasure with my fellow motorist.

Never knew why people bagged their lights. I thought it an affectation like a nose bra.

Would a cop bother you with smaller lights like this?
Is it legal or illegal?-bajarack-6.jpg 

Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 AM  

Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
In PA it's jacking deer usually. My Tradesman came with a sealed beam mounted on the roof. I used it a couple times to signal my displeasure with my fellow motorist.

Never knew why people bagged their lights. I thought it an affectation like a nose bra.

Would a cop bother you with smaller lights like this?
probably not, but if they do just call them "daytime running lights" because those are 100% legal.

if you want to show to other motorists that you're POd then do what im doing. Make a light-up middle finger for your back window

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.