Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM  

Garden Grove, CA
I haven't done any price comparisons. The prices are reasonable.

I don't have a favorite kit. I tried a couple from Steinfillers. I've been trying different recipes from Jamil's book lately. The American Brown Ale from "Brewing Classic Styles" is my current favorite. Just bottled my third batch.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM  

Orange County, CA
What does everyone's home brew operation look like? What have you found that words well and what doesn't work well equipment wise?

Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM  

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGerminate View Post
What does everyone's home brew operation look like? What have you found that words well and what doesn't work well equipment wise?
My one recommendation to any homebrewer would be an autosiphon.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM  

Addison Homebrew Provisions is pretty good, and as stated Eric is an awesome guy. I havent been in a month now, so I dont know if it changed, but they have DME only! So if your a LME guy.... be warned.

Culver City has an amazing selection of grains, supplies, yeast ect.. But its an hour drive without traffic! But its probably the most complete store Ive been too.

There is also on in Long Beach that I went to once and I cant remember the name, but its close to the L.B. Airport. Stein Fillers?? I think, anyway they have great "kits" that I tried a while ago. I did a Belgian Double that was FANTASTIC!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 AM  

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7cable View Post
Addison Homebrew Provisions is pretty good, and as stated Eric is an awesome guy. I havent been in a month now, so I dont know if it changed, but they have DME only! So if your a LME guy.... be warned.

Culver City has an amazing selection of grains, supplies, yeast ect.. But its an hour drive without traffic! But its probably the most complete store Ive been too.

There is also on in Long Beach that I went to once and I cant remember the name, but its close to the L.B. Airport. Stein Fillers?? I think, anyway they have great "kits" that I tried a while ago. I did a Belgian Double that was FANTASTIC!
I am glad to hear you say that because I recentl bottled their dubbel and I am going to try my first one on Christmas.
I like Steinfillers a lot, I also tried their Scotch ale (amazing) and I brewed their Christmas beer and quite a few of my friends called the beer "amazing" and "incredible"
Old 12-28-2010, 05:14 PM  

Long Beach, CA
I live in the LBC so Steinfillers is my go to store, although I work in Santa Ana so may have to check out the others down that way after work. I'm strictly an extract brewer at this point due to time constraints with having to little ones, I can squeeze 2 batches into one session and be cleaned up in 4hrs. I've liked everything I've brewed from there and if it was off it was my fault. I do go online from time to time and I agree their equipment is a bit pricey.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 PM  

La Habra, California
steinfillers in LB is where I mainly go Been brewing for years sometimes I have my brother send me some real good grain and hops to me from the east coast
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM  

California
I checked out Addison Homebrew provisions

Great guy and great prices

Thanks for the heads up guys

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads