Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 PM  

Favorite Swimming Hole??

I live in Eugene and love swimming on the McKenzie and also heading out to Bryce Creek. What's your favorite swimming hole?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:29 PM  

Drain, OR
Try exploring the Row River outside of Cottage Grove if you haven't already. That thing is one long string of beautiful swimming holes. There are area's where you can cliff dive too. Be safe!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:52 PM  

Corvallis, OR
Back in the '70's the place to be was Slide Rock. Forget it on weekends though way too crowded for my taste anyway. Been spending more time (anytime) at the Wildwood swimming hole up near Valsetz, have to walk the last two miles though. Meriweather Land and Timber has gated up all of the roads going into Valsetz.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 PM  

Gate Creek at the Forks outside of Vida
Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 PM  

Eugene, Oregon
I live in the Grove. There are a ton of swimming holes around me.
My favorite is natural dam on sharps creek.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:02 PM  

Gresham, OR
I went camping with my girlfriend and her family this summer at Timothy Lake. There were some amazing places to swim up there. We found this little nook off the main lake with a man-made fire pit, looked like it had been there a hundred years. Beautiful! We fully intended to camp there, but then my girlfriend's brother punched this guy in the face, and he had cancer, and it was a whole debacle. There was alcohol involved. But don't let that change your mind. Trust me on this one. Timothy Lake.

It's near Estacada, off of Hwy 26.
Timothy Lake @ Wikipedia
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebediah View Post
I live in Eugene and love swimming on the McKenzie and also heading out to Bryce Creek. What's your favorite swimming hole?
Wildwood falls just a bit up the row river from that place you mentioned on Sharps creek.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads