Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 AM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Jeeps and Ham Radio

Hi, Nate here in Warrenton, anyone on here a Jeeper and a Ham?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:19 AM  

hermiston, oregon
Jeeper yes.

Ham no.

But I do know a couple guys in washington who are.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
You got me. FSJ and HAM. Two of my favorite topics.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:56 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Jeepers

Hi, looks like this forum has a good number of Jeepers scattered around on it. Didn't see Ham looking Avitars. Looks like we are spread around the state we three. Hey, I don't discriminate against non-Ham Jeepers just thought it might be fun to see if I could find a few that did both.

I was thinking if we were passing through an area where one of us lived we might catch the other on 2m. We might be able meet at a coffee shop just to say hi and swap lies for a couple of minutes. Make this forum useful. My call is KD7IBA and my wife's call is KF7IUL. I'm almost always on the 145.450 (- 118.8 pl) machine here in Warrenton, my wife is almost always not.

Our TJ has a bit of new styling of the rt front fender after hitting a Deer the other night. Good thing is it didn't ruin the screwdriver ant on the front bumper. Oh, the Deer, She made it OK too, sore butt though.

I'm old, bad heart, don't do any really wild stuff any more. I might have a heart attack getting unstuck or back on all 4 wheels, but we like driving the Desert and old logging roads if you can find one without a gate.

Hey, have fun guys, thanks for stopping by. 73, Nate
Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 AM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
KF7ICX here. I monitor N7PIR (440.450 103.5) here in Portland. I only have an VX-8R HT so far. I want to add a mobile antenna with an SMA connection so I can use it better in the Jeep.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 AM  

Salem, Oregon
Better late than never... Jeeper/HAM here.... I am done in Salem still trying to figure out where in my Jeep would make most sense to mount my 2m radio.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:51 PM  

Beaverton, OR
Just a jeeper. And actually heading out tomorrow to the Tillamook forest for some fun.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKXRANGER View Post
Better late than never... Jeeper/HAM here.... I am done in Salem still trying to figure out where in my Jeep would make most sense to mount my 2m radio.
Real Hams drill holes! I have a hard time drilling into my '98 TJ I know I wouldn't drill a hole in a new JK. I built a sheet metal overhead that goes from the windshield to the rollbar and is about 8 inches wide. I didn't drill any holes. The front is held on each side by the screws that hold the sun visor clips. The back is held to the rollbar with U-bolts.

I'll try to up load pictures from my BlackBerry. It holds my Icom 706 and control head plus a Kenwood D700 with it's control head. There is also a SignaLink up there for sending email via HF. I set an Alinco DR-605 on the dashboard for awhile, worked but didn't look to good. My Call is KD7IBA and the xyl's call is KF7IUL. 73, and Jeepers, have fun. Nate
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
warrpath and lloyd you need to work on getting your Ham Lic and double your fun
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 PM  
***** Builder

Bend, Oregon
Jeep yes, HAM.. not yet but plan on it. Going for that new lowest level class licence first so I can legally use this little FRS/GMRS whateverish walkie thingie.. then I'll figure out what radio more people use that i can get a licene for and put in me Jeep =0)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!