Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM  

Houston, Texas
Any Kimber Owners Out There?

Decided this will be my next purchase. Every one of them feels great in the hand so which one is a tough choice! Leaning towards the Ultra Crimson Carry II. Plans are to use it for CC. Any thoughts?

Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
I have a custom II. Be prepared to take crap about MIM parts.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:52 AM  

Allen, Tx
Thanks for the post, I've been looking for something more concealable than my Sig p226. Those ultra carrys look good, I'm afraid to check pricing.

What is MIM? Made in Mexico?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:43 AM  

Houston, Texas
Finally decided and went with the Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II. It's the 4" barrel, and I think it'll be perfect for concealed carry.

Got 200 rounds through it so far and I must say, it's the most accurate pistol I've ever shot! Smooth, and recoil minimal and recovery is quick. I am having problems with the last round failing to feed though. It has the Crimson Trace laser sights that work wonderfully, with activation on the grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandusky View Post
What is MIM? Made in Mexico?
MIM means "Metal Injection Molding". Many people have had problems with MIM parts breaking. I did a lot of research on them and found out that almost all gun manufacturers use MIM parts. Kimber uses high-end technology MIM parts, and I can't find anyone on the net that have had problems with their Kimbers because of it.

Image is a full magazine at 20 yards.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 PM  

Allen, Tx
thanks bama, that does look perfect for concealing

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!