Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 PM  

Rochester, New York
Hold up a tic. You're a Marine. I forgot. You get toys the rest of us don't necessarily get to keep at home. Is that how you come to mention the M16? Or do you actually have a Class III? (None of my bidness, mind you...I'm just curious. )

Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've got two M16A2's, but they're both back in the states

However, the one that I love and cherish right now is, as you said, my Marine-corps issue one.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh, and, SARAH PALIN IS THE BEST!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Favorite would be my Glock 23 .40
Gun Owners-glock_23.jpg 

Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytard View Post
Favorite would be my Glock 23 .40
Oh man I am sorry that you have to have a glock as a favorite. That must really hurt.

It's ok I will let you look at a real gun.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
I'm thinking of buying a hand-gun and have been looking at a Sig 220 that comes in 45 cal and .40.
Can you guys give me the goods and bads of each along with any other suggestions or recommendations.
I will mostly be using it as a side-arm while exploring the forrest and desert in my Jeep and for home protection in the event of invasion, intrusion, or Zombie attack
Thanks, Jim
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
How often do you guys clean your weapons? I haven't shot mine in about a year, and I usually clean and lube it every couple mounts or so. You guys do it more/less often?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:25 AM  
Not a Junior Member

Helena, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
How often do you guys clean your weapons? I haven't shot mine in about a year, and I usually clean and lube it every couple mounts or so. You guys do it more/less often?
Always after sending a few rounds down range. After being exposed to wet or dusty conditions while carrying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then on those occasions when I'm horny and feel a need to fondle my tools.
Oh, I forgot, , , "This is my rifle___, this is my gun___. This is for shooting___, and this is for fun___"
Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
depends on which one your asking about.

Rimfire haven't cleaned a 22lr rifle in oh 5 years. Pistols I clean the action when they start to malfunction.

My varmint rifles get cleaned at the beginning of the season once during the season and at the end of the season.

All others get cleaned as needed.

My 1911 I keep it kind of clean. I will knock the big stuff off after a range visit but I will always make sure it is lubed and ready to go slightly dirty makes for smoother operation so I have been told.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:27 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I'm thinking of buying a hand-gun and have been looking at a Sig 220 that comes in 45 cal and .40.
Can you guys give me the goods and bads of each along with any other suggestions or recommendations.
I will mostly be using it as a side-arm while exploring the forrest and desert in my Jeep and for home protection in the event of invasion, intrusion, or Zombie attack
Thanks, Jim
I like my

(Steyr M40A1)

Goods: Not everyone has one. It functions like a glock. Good ergonomic feel. I haven't had any trouble out of it.
Bad: Little or no aftermarket.

But I really like my

Good: Shoots really well, tons of aftermarket, feels great in my hand, easy to disassemble, and duh, it's a 1911. Accurate. Less than $700

Bad: It's not a Kimber or Springfield. (doesn't bother me, just other 1911 folks seem to swear by the $1200-$2000 1911's.)
A little large for me to want to conceal. Bullets are a little expensive.

(I know it's the Taurus, but I can't afford the "high end" brand 1911s)
Honestly, it shoots great and has a great feel (especially w/hogue grips added later).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.