Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
New to Kayaking

Does anyone else Kayak?
Where is your favorite Kayaking water.
Have you ever tried fishing (fly, bow or hook & line) from a Kayak?
I'm just learning to kayak not ready for any white water but would like to find some nice flat water to a slow moving stream.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I've always been a canoe guy, but I've have taken some sea kayaks for a spin a few times. I used to be a member of the Pointe Claire Canoe Club, and went for an hour or two paddle on Lac St. Louis most every day in the summer after work. It was a lot of fun, but the waves were never big enough.

We used to have a place in PEI and our neighbor took me out on the ocean a few times, which was a lot more fun!

Sometimes the waves were a little too big

As for fishing, that's why I prefer a canoe. You can pack a lot more stuff, stand up to cast, and there's just generally a lot more room and stability to get on with catching some supper.

I've never been in whitewater in a kayak, just in a canoe, but obviously a kayak is a lot more versatile in rapids than a canoe.

What kind of kayak have you got?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!