Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
I just moved into the Harrisburg area from York, once we're settled looking to dive into all-grain. Glad to see plenty of fellow brewers in my area.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 AM  
Just an earthbound misfit

pa
Hi All. I am a homebrewer with a few years of experience. I prefer darker beers but that can vary with mood. I live north of Carlisle

Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 AM  

I've been homebrewing for almost 2 years. I like to do extract +grains because I can knock them out pretty quickly.

However, this year I got myself set up for all-grain, and made my first AG brew. It was a Dunkelweizen and I loved the whole process, and the finished product!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:01 PM  

Currently fermenting:
Sour brown ale
Belgian Strong Ale (12 gallons 5 of which will be oak aged)
Berliner weisse (10 gallons split 5 lacto 5 Brett)

Currently bulk aging:
lambic
stout aged on oak cubes and vanilla beans

Bottled:
Rauch style barleywine
Sour mashed Berliner weisse

On tap:
roggenbier (German yeast)
roggenbier (American yeast)
black ipa

These have been a few busy months for me. I'm brewing again on Saturday and then taking some time off. I also have a bunch of wine that needs bottled.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:34 AM  

Skippack, PA
Hello from Skippack, homebrewing for years. Has anyone been to the new-ish hombrew store in Pottstown? I think it's called Weak Knee or something like that.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:35 PM  

Scranton, PA
I am just getting back into brewing. In the past I have brewed 2 meads and they both came out like rocket fuel. Maybe I'll try again in the future. Getting back in, I wanted to do something simple so I brewed a cider (shooting for a strongbow or woodchuck type clone). I used apple juice from Wall Mart (make sure it has no preservatives) and an ale yeast. It fermented dry but it is nice and refreshing and easy to make.

Someone also mentioned the PA Ren fair at Mount Hope. Me and a few of my friends go every year. I am a big fan of the Swashbuckler brewery they have on site there.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 AM  

Scranton, PA
Also currently looking for straight side half kegs if anyone has any laying around that they want to sell. (looking to legally obtain one as opposed to paying deposit and keeping the keg)
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 AM  

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
I live not too far from Williamsport.I am a second year home brewer. So far I have only brewed a few batches,but have made a few wines also. I just ordered kits :
the Innkeepr and Dundalk Irish Heavy Limited from northern Brewer. I have also purchased from Austin home brew Supply and picked up supplies at The Hoppe Shoppe in Milton,PA
Old 11-21-2010, 03:11 PM  

Reading, PA
What homebrew clubs do you guys from southeast PA belong to? I live just outside of Reading and I'm looking for a decent club to join.

Cheers!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM  

Seoul
@ZehBaron, check out homebrewtalk.com, it's a great (GREAT) resource by itself, but I've seen several posts on there about brew clubs (and clubs buying massive quantities of malt) in PA.

I grew up in the Lehigh Valley (Slate Belt area), lived in and around Philly for about 6 years and now I'm homebrewing in Seoul...much different experience for sure!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads