Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 04:20 PM  

Corning, NY, NY
Bullfrog Brewery, Williamsport

Has anyone been to the Bullfrog lately? I have been less than impressed the few times I was there. Although, the "Old Toad" used to be pretty good.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 PM  

Erie, PA
I was only there once but I was stuck in Williamsport for a week so the Bullfrog kept me happy every evening.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 AM  

Fredneck, MD
It's been 10 years since I was there. They were a fairly new operation when I lived there, open maybe a year. I don't remember much other than the beer was good in general and it had a nice atmosphere. One of the things I miss about home.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM  

I have been there several times in the last couple of months.

They currently have 2 very unique brews on tap. 1 of them is a chocolate pumpkin stout served on nitrogen. The other is a crazy collaboration with a neighbor brewery (barvarian barbarian) the beer is a hybrid of several styles. Black lager meets dopplebock meets rauchbier and it was aged/lagered in freshly emptied whiskey barrels.

I'm not a big fan of their food but the beer alone keeps me going back.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM  

I'm going to be in Williamsport over Thanksgiving. I haven't been to the Bullfrog in a couple of years, though. The Chocolate Pumpkin Stout sounds good, so I may have to stop over and see if they still have it.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM  

Skippack, PA
I've only heard good things about Bullfrog. Haven't gotten the chance to have a beer there yet though.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:38 AM  

Lewisburg, PA
Anyone here interested in a Williamsport sub-section? I know it's not a big town, but there are a lot of outlying areas such as Lewisburg and Lock Haven that could be included.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 AM  

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
It has been afew years since I have visited the Bullfrog. It was my first real sample of beers that were not brewed by one of the big three.
I remember that is where I had my first holiday spiced ale and realized there was more to beer than what you get out of a can.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:06 AM  

I've never been to the brewery itself, but I LOVE their Edgar IPA.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM  

Reading, PA
Hmm, I've never heard of the Bullfrog, but I'll have to stop by sometime soon. That chocolate pumpkin stout sounds amazing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!