Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Going to Potter County

Going up this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have a cabin outside of Coudersport. I'm taking the hubby to see the PA Grand Canyon. Anyone familiar with the area that could suggest anything else I can do with the hubs?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 AM  

Wellsboro, PA
This time of year it gets difficult, but a lot of people come here and go down pine creek in rafts and canoes. Pine Creek Outfitters can set you up. Hiking is also a big thing but gets difficult with the leaves falling. Might be a good thing to do, just ride around and look at the foliage. Also just coming into Wellsboro there are a few restaurants that are nice to go to.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Yeh I know how pretty the leaves will be. That's partly why I'm dragging him up there. My grandparents used to take us fishing. The hubby isn't into that though. I mean I can always settle for the sit around the cabin and build a fire. I just wasn't sure if there's anything historic or something up that way he'd like.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:26 AM  

Wellsboro, PA
Not really a lot historic that I can think of... but of course when you live somewhere you overlook things that other people actually travel here for.
Here's a quick list of things around the area. I need to start making myself go and do some of these things in the summer time. When it gets cooler in the fall I tend to not get out as much. The leaves are very pretty though. Just getting lost on back roads is fun in a Jeep.

Tioga County, PA Visitors Bureau and the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM  

Wellsboro, PA
Here's a few more. The biggest attraction is the view at the PA Grand Canyon though.
Wellsboro PA - Fun things to do
Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Take him to the Austin Dam...lots of history there. Also you have the Stevenson Dam. Tons of great views up that way. Go 45 minutes west of coudy off of route 6 just south of Mount Jewitt you have the old Kinzua Viaduct. Since fallen down, its an awesome reminder of the power of a tornado. Not sure how much driving you want to do, but there is alos alot of neat stuff in Quehanna. Also don't forget you're only an hour or so drive from the only Elk in PA.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM  

lewisburg, pa
any kind of intresting 4whd back roads up there?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!