Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
If you're looking for the opposite of L.A., then I'd say this is a great place to visit.
Most of my daily routine takes place in and around the Allegheny Mts. and the river area. Hills, trees, valleys, creeks, streams.
Last week, I walked out the back door of my facility and looked up to see three, yes, three bald eagles circling above. Probably a mother with her yearlings.
Keep in mind, the area that I'm referring to is in the northwest corner of the state. Great fresh water fishing too. Here's a pic I took out my back door a few weeks ago.

Here's a morning shot of the river.

The next two pics are Spring time and we were hiking at a beaver dam, the first pic is the valley and the second is a tree that we found that the beaver had been working on.

The things that I've described, are everyday occurrences for me. If wildlife, fresh mountain air, foggy mornings and friendly folks are something that would interest you, then by all means, visit.
(more details if you like)

Old 09-14-2010, 05:55 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
I found the pics that I was able to get of the eagles, not great but I was in awe long enough to almost miss it.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Wow! Great pic's and it looks like a beautiful place to be
Thanks Krutj
Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 PM  

Welland, ON
See the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.

Go to PNC Park in Pittsburgh to see the Pirates play. Possibly the least expensive tickets in the majors. Some good food, and a great selection of beers.

Amish country around Lancaster PA. Check out Strasburg and go for a ride to Paradise behind a steam train.

Steve
Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 PM  
Human After All

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is one of the birthplaces of America. It's pure history.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:08 AM  

Reading, PA
I moved to Reading, PA from Los Angeles and I would never move back! I love having four REAL seasons, not "Fire, Flood, Mud and Scorch" and yesterday's weather was as perfect as you could dream of. TONS of history and not one adobe brick in the bunch! Friendly people who actually mean it when the salesclerks in the stores say, "Can I help you?" as opposed to the "really an actor" wannabes working in LA. I miss the Mouse, but that's about it - and Florida got a LOT closer! I have a 40 mile commute to work and I love it - every turn is a new view and all of them beautiful.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 AM  

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I live in Lancaster county, right in the middle of Amish country. In fact, I rent my home from an Amish couple. We have good food here, but you need to know where to go. Stay away from the tourist areas, the food comes from a can. Places like Millers used to have great food, but they were bought out and serve junk anymore. If you're into all you can eat, go to Shady Maple, they offer breakfast, dinner and supper. They're easy to find, just follow route 23 East, from Lancaster. You'll go through New Holland and come up to the intersection of 23 and 322.....bare left onto 23, Shady Maple is about a mile on the right, can't miss it. They also have a grocery store and a sort of general store on the property. If you visit Lancaster county, do so in the spring or fall. Not only will you get to see beautiful folliage, you'll also not have to deal with all of the summer tourist traffic.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM  

Schwenksville, Pa
Shady Maple is an awesome place to go eat. We go there as a family all the time. If you are bringing any kids then definitely go to Philadelphia. Lots of historical places there that they've probably read about in books. Hit the zoo while your there too which is the nation's oldest zoo. Then head north into the Pocono's for some awesome scenery. I love eastern Pa.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM  

Springfield, Missouri
If you have kids check out Dutch Wonderland. Food is good, Lancaster city offer a variety of places to eat.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads