Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 PM  

South of Ann Arbor, MI
The best cheesesteaks in the world!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 AM  
Saltydawg

Philadelphia (NE Phillie), PA
Well in Phillie the driving sucks to be honest, but here are a few reason why to visit....
Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-2531271522_91c5a778bb_b.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-misc-camera-stuff-017.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-misc-camera-stuff-041.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-misc-camera-stuff-044.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-misc-camera-stuff-061.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-dscf4537.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-3407627333_046d8c0bb4_o.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-dscf4398.jpg 

Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM  

Lancaster, PA
I've got to second the idea of shady maple, and coming to Lancaster in the spring or fall. Fall is great because the harvest is in full swing (it's almost over by now, everything came in early this year with the perfect growing weather). You can't beat the food. Make sure you get some whoppie pies and a shoo-fly pie. Places like kitchen kettle are ok if your a touristy kind of person, but expect it to take longer to drive through town then to walk on any day during the summer.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 PM  

West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Where to begin?

We've got America's oldest continually operational Brewery in the southeastern portion of the state in Pottsville, PA.
Their black and tan is decent, porter is d@mned good, their light beer is pretty tasty and their signature beer can be ordered just about anywhere in the state by simply asking the barman for a Lager. And if you don't like beer, well... I just feel sorry for you.

There are the Pennsylvania Wilds in Northcentral PA. In the fall, these are some of the most beautiful rolling hills (mountains for the really flat flatlanders?) in the entire state. You can see for several miles in some spots, so if you arrive at the peak time for foliage, it's a pretty impressive sight.

Lancaster County This is home to a large population of Amish people, aka, Menonites (sp?). It's just like stepping back in time. You'd better not be in a hurry here, because you're likely to end up behind several horse and buggy travellers (seriously). They don't use things like cars, electricity and most other modern conveniences. There are plenty of B&B style lodgings to be found, each one being unique. Really, it's one of the most unique places in the country. Well worth the visit.

Philadelphia . It's is one of the most historic cities in America. You can sit in the same church pew that Washington sat in while contemplating his next move during the early days of The Revolution.
You can visit Indepence Hall. It's where The Constitution was signed. Think about that. The document that governs how our government can govern us was born in this building. I don't care if you're a history buff or not, that's pretty cool. The liberty bell is just across the street too.
You can order up a cheesesteak at Pat's then walk across the street to Geno's and decide which one you prefer. Just remember you should never EVER walk across the street from one of these establishments to the other with something you bought from their rival on the other side of the street. It's not only considered poor form, but it could get you smacked around if you do this after the bars close. Consider yourself warned (Seriously, don't do it...take a guess how I learned this...).

There's plenty more I'm sure I'm missing, but those are the highlights for me.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM  

Lancaster, PA
ConshyJeep, the Amish and Mennonites are 2 separate groups. Along the same lines, but not the same, so no aka. More like also. Also, their are different degrees of mennonites. Some are more plain the others, and others are just like anyone else, like me. We drive cars, have electricity, and live just as you do. Others drive horse and buggys, have steel wheel tractors, and then there are others that drive only black cars with no flashy chrome or anything like that. It's confusing to the average person, but they are not all the same.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM  

Allentown, Pa
Dorney park and wildwater kingdom

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - PA Amusement Park & Waterpark, over 100 rides and attractions
Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 PM  

Marshalls creek, Pa
Beautiful Fall Foilage
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM  

Ossining, NY
Rausch Creek.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM  

Schnecksville, PA
It's not New Jersey...just my opinion of course.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM  

Harrisburg, PA

Centralia is awesome. Tons of info over on offroaders.com : Centralia PA Mine Fire - Coal Burning underground, Homes destroyed

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads