Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM  

Levittown, Pennsylvania
2 words.... Philly Cheesesteaks!

While there, soak in Historic Philadelphia, walk through some of the very buildings that our Founding Fathers shaped this nation. If you make it here in the fall, a trip along Delaware Rivers scenic roads to watch the leaves change is fantastic...theres many craft breweries in the area as well

Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 PM  

Philadelphia, pa
While I haven't had the chance to come across such nice vistas like Krutj, and the Liberty Bell has never interested me enough to go see it; there is one thing I can recommend: beer. The Philadelphia area has a very vibrant microbrewing community, and you can find great pubs, bars and restaurants in Philly that serve great locally brewed beer. I think Pennsylvania beer will give any state a good run for its money.

Other than that... well, there's the Philly murals, and the ever popular Rocky statue (*sigh*), and as already mentioned, Amish country is a nice and unusual thing to see.

Like some people have mentioned, Philadelphia is unique. Obsessed with their sports; their sense of humor is weird and awesome, just like Always Sunny in Philadelphia... its an awesome place.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 AM  

State College, PA
Amazon.com: Pennsylvania Breweries (Beers) (9780811736411): Lew Bryson: Books

'Nuf said.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM  

Levittown, Pennsylvania
+1 kudo to you sir
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM  

johnstown, pa
wheeling with julie pictures by kurtis1971 - Photobucket

Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 AM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Everyone here is talking about food, but I haven't seen anyone mention the cheesesteaks.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:48 AM  

Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by snes2go View Post
Everyone here is talking about food, but I haven't seen anyone mention the cheesesteaks.
.....really?!

Philadelphia residents have 'staked' their claim to the 6th and 7th food groups......Cheesesteaks wit and Beer!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM  

Virginia
The Grand Canyon in Wellsboro, and Draper's Super Bee in Millerton! They have pails of delicious honey. :-)
Please give me one good reason to visit Pennsylvania-grand-canyon.jpg 

Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 PM  

Pennsylvania
I'll agree that the cheesesteaks alone are worth a visit.

But better yet, you can go fishing near Three Mile Island, and try to catch 2 headed fish. That would be entertainment!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM  

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Yuengling Lager, Lebanon bologna, Hershey chocolate, Rausch creek, Gettysburg, Amish people, Philly cheesesteaks (although I don't think Pat's or Geno's are any good) are all good reasons to visit. If you are into the outdoors you'll find plenty to do.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.