Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM  

Punxsutawney PA, Pennsylvania
What is up with the very long construction projects this year?

Is it just me or does it seem like they are milking out these jobs for as long as they can?

Federal porkulus dollars have anything to do with it, you think?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 AM  

Black Lick, Pa
In most areas they just flat ran out of money. thats why they never finish because they either cant afford the material, machines, or people.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 AM  

Allentown, PA
I know they have been doing work on PA-309 S toward Quakertown for it seems like 2 years and just finished it. However, I can't tell if it is really any better than it was before they started it, lol. Now they are ripping up part of a bridge and road near Main St in Coopersburg. I have been told that they pretty much got the money and just jumped on doing the construction.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM  

Lancaster, PA
They've been working on 222 around the brownstown ephrata area for the past two summers ending sometime in early november. it really gets old when you have to go up that way.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 AM  

York, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelSix View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like they are milking out these jobs for as long as they can?

Federal porkulus dollars have anything to do with it, you think?
Yea a lot to do with it..they promised billions to be spent on the countries infrastructure. The fact is only a very small amount of that money has been spent. Many projects got started then the money never was seen. The money was never there to be spent, it just looked good to say at the time and many still believe it
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM  

Erie, PA
I drive about 250mi a week between i-79 and i-90 and I see tons of vacant work areas that are single lane. It looks like most of this isn't going to get done before winter.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:28 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by labpaws View Post
Yea a lot to do with it..they promised billions to be spent on the countries infrastructure. The fact is only a very small amount of that money has been spent. Many projects got started then the money never was seen. The money was never there to be spent, it just looked good to say at the time and many still believe it
I am so sick of all the abuse of our tax money wasted for nothing more than just political posturing. I don't wanna even think of how many trillions have been embezzled by the Fed and most of our undeserving public officials.

For those of you voting this year, be on the lookout for MASSIVE voter fraud. The corrupt that have this power are not gonna give up easily.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:38 PM  

Rte 22 between Blairsville and Delmont - wow, three years now - and it still ain't done.

Locally, in a patch of maybe two miles it took them the whole summer to pave the road all nice, then rip it up to re-do two rinky dink bridges that were just fine, first one (thought they were done) the weeks later come back and do the second one, and then REPAVE it all over, then wait a few weeks come back and seal all the berms or something (they did look pretty though), then come back a week later and rip out all the PERFECTLY good guardrail just so it could be replace with shiny new guardrail - oh, and they just got done repainting the lines on Friday. I think they may actually be done now - but it wouldn't surprise me if they find something else to "fix" - maybe they can paint the telephone poles or something...
Old 10-10-2010, 01:52 PM  
NS Welder/Fabricator

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
They have interstates, 81 and 83, parts of the Turnpike, and all kinds of random roads wrecked here around Harrisburg. I live in Mechanicsburg, All places roads around here suck. Thank God I own a Jeep. Haha
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 AM  

Lansdale, PA
What is up with the very long construction projects this year?

Now that's just funny. PA takes FOREVER to do any road work. Not to mention that it seems they rent the asphalt stripper for a week in the early spring and tear up all the projects they will have for the summer. They then get around to repave each one when they can.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads