Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 AM  
fustrated genius

My dog gets neutered today.

A bad case of seperation anxiety is setting in already and we haven't even left for the vet's yet. (not him, ME) This dog means a lot to me, he's a great dog and goes every where with me. He's my velcro dog.
My dog gets neutered today.-camping-april-fools-day-015.jpg 

My dog gets neutered today.-camping-april-fools-day-104.jpg 

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM  
fustrated genius

right now, he's not real happy with today's events.
My dog gets neutered today.-opie-surgery-002.jpg 

Old 04-04-2011, 05:25 PM  

Poor guy...I feel for him!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I can understand your concerns. I have a young feral female cat I need to have fixed and I dread the process.

I will violate her trust in me whenI grab and cage her. Follow that by a terrifying first trip in a vehicle followed by strangers in a clinic where other animals in fear and pain are easily heard. sucks!
My dog gets neutered today.-i-used-trust-you....jpg 

Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM  
fustrated genius

Yeah, he tried to follow me out when the doc had him by the leash, he looked at me like he was saying, "don't LEAVE me here,wud I do wrong?"
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
His eyes were eloquent. Poor pup.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
I had to get my baby neutered, it was sad. Not all dogs feel the pain or get depressed. Elwood (puppy) was fine by the night, it was more us having to watch him jumping and such. He never tried to get at the stitches either.

I will say he did not like being left there, he escaped from his cage/room before we even left the building.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM  

Dallas, TX
I do understand. When I took my Griff in for this, he was totally upset with me. He was over 5 yrs old at the time. The older they are when this procedure is done, the more upset they are with you. Afterwards, it will be ok and they will live longer, so there is a reason that is good for them - and you. Be patient. They can be your buddy longer. Don't forget the pain meds!!! and make chicken soup and Greenies. He'll forgive you easier.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
My childhood dog really changed after we got him fixed. He got less playful, and gained a lot of weight. He's 13 now, though, and is still waddling around my parents' house (I got stationed in Hawaii and couldn't take him with me).

I've got a sharpei/pitbull mix now, and we're wrestling with getting him fixed... I probably won't unless his demeanor starts changing for the worse.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM  

My dog was hilarious when this happened to him. We dropped him off at the vet and he didn't even turn to look at my fiancee and me when we wanted to wish him good luck. He straight up turned with the vet and with this "hell yeah! i'm goin' places!" attitude.

A few hours later we picked him up and his 'tude changed. Tail tucked, head low, "omg don't ever leave me again. you have no idea what they've done to me."

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads