Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 AM  

Scranton, PA
The Best Place to Get a Cheesesteak in Philadelphia?

Where would you locals suggest?

I am, and will always, stick with "Jim's Steaks," located on 4th and South Street. Cheesesteak perfection that only Phili can offer.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 PM  
jstaylor1968

Philadelphia, PA
Roxborough section of Philly.

Dalesandro's, Fiesta, or Chubby's
all are near Walnut Lane and Henry Avenue.

just outside Philly in Flourtown. Mr. P's Pasta and Pizza

Old 11-06-2010, 01:12 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
It's tough to argue against Jim's given the lines outside everytime I've gone by, but I gotta say I am not a fan of the Cheez Wiz--fortunately, it's an option.

Luckily, there are plenty of places to get top-notch Cheesesteaks in and around Philly. I tend to go to Capriottis, but only if my buddy is workin'...now THAT'S a sammich!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM  
Mums

Philadelphia, Pa
I came into this thread expecting to say Jim's to counter posts only saying Pat's or Geno's. I agree that Jim's should always be on the list. Tony Luke's is good, too.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM  

Oxford, Pennsylvania
It seems the tourists always want to go to Pat's and Genos since they are the ones on the music videps and such. Jims is real nice, but it seems like most areas and towns each have their own little gems. Like Lou's in Norristown, you have to know where the good spots are based on where you are. One good way to tell, is the bakery boxes. You can usually see them stacked up in the shop. Anytime you see Liscio's or D'Ambrosio's you should be in good shape
Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
Phillip's at 2234 W Passyunk hands down. Great steaks, bigger than a lot of places and at a good price, and they're open 24/7! During that first big snow storm we got last December I ventured out to see if they were open at 2am and sure enough, they were not only open but there was a line of about 2 or 3 people! Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 PM  

Philadelphia, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstbrewing View Post
Phillip's at 2234 W Passyunk hands down. Great steaks, bigger than a lot of places and at a good price, and they're open 24/7! During that first big snow storm we got last December I ventured out to see if they were open at 2am and sure enough, they were not only open but there was a line of about 2 or 3 people! Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already.
Never been ... now I have a new place to try! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 PM  

New Port Richey (tampa), Florida
I was in Philly last week and my nephew took me to Phils - said it's where all the locals go. It was a decent sandwich. Later that day I went to Tony Luke's and thought it was much better personally.

Cool thing about Phillip's was my nephew knew the kid's working there, I got a little back story about Phillip and my sister and brother in law all know everyone by name. It was definitely a local's kind of place. sandwich vs sandwich....I preferred Tony Lukes
Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 AM  

Manayunk (Philly) / Brick Township, PA / NJ
Steve's Prince of Steaks on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philly. It's across from the Kraft Plant (Former Nabisco), near Chickies and Petes. Grab a cheesesteak at Steve's, then some crab fries at Chickies and Petes!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 AM  

White, GA
I think Jim's on South is the best. But Steve's is a close second. Steve's has awesome fries too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!