Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 PM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Great Mexican Restaurants.

Las Casuelas on Girard is our favorite sit-down authentic Mexican restaurant. They have traditional dishes as well as new inspirations with authentic Mexican ingredients.

But for a quick-bite, Taco Riendo (just a few blocks from Las Casuelas) is fantastic. I'm partial to the shrimp burritos!

Both are byob (like most restaurants in Philly) so come prepared! ;-)

Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
I've been pretty fond of Mexican Post on Chestnut and Front. They have reasonable prices for some great Mexican food, but I'll have to check those out now too. Thanks!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
Zocalo at 36th and Lancaster is good (they have a bar).

I also like LaLupe Resturant at 1201 South 9th Street. They make their own corn tortillas so I would recommended the tacos above most other things.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:38 PM  

Philadlephia/DC, Pennsylvania/DC
La Taqueria Puerto Veracruzano is by far my favorite! It is on s. 8th St and Dickinson St. Not a great neighborhood by any means, but an incredible byo that has the most authentic and best Mexican food in the city! Cheap too!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:22 AM  

Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanovision View Post
Las Casuelas on Girard is our favorite sit-down authentic Mexican restaurant. They have traditional dishes as well as new inspirations with authentic Mexican ingredients.

But for a quick-bite, Taco Riendo (just a few blocks from Las Casuelas) is fantastic. I'm partial to the shrimp burritos!

What's the address of that place?

.....there is one at 2nd and Master. I forget the name, the food however is outstanding!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:19 AM  

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanovision View Post

I've heard good things about Las Casuelas. I have to check that place out. I'm partial to Taqueria la Michoacana in Norristown. Best place I have ever been.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM  

Phialdelphia
Cantina Los Caballitos in Passyunk East and Dos Segundos in NoLibs are good too. I agree that Tacqueria Veracruzana is great.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@ Squamer:

1301 North 5th Street

=)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM  

Philly, PA
The adobe cafe in Manayunk/Rox on Mitchel St and Green.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM  

I have two to recommend. The first is The Tortilla Press just over the bridge on Collingswood, NJ. The second is Taco Bravos, a little further south in New Jersey in Bridgeton, NJ. Taco Bravos is 100% authentic mexican food, owned and operated by mexican immigrants. Delish!!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads