Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM  
jstaylor1968

Philadelphia, PA
Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles.

Whether you think he's paid the price for his past or not, it certainly looks like Vick could take the Eagles to the Promised Land.

Thoughts?

Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM  

I believe he is very talented, but his past has tarnished him forever in my eyes. How can a convicted felon even be involved in the NFL? What does this teach our kids?

Old 12-16-2010, 12:26 PM  

Philly Burbs, PA
Honestly, I am not a fan of him as a person. He could have changed his ways and if he did he still has a long road ahead of him to gain the respect of people like me. I respect his ability and the fact that he is now a real quarterback. I always want the Eagles to win and I think we have a great shot this year, but I really don't want us to win the SB with him.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:24 AM  

Could be worse, could have killed a man and gets to play in the NFL like other players. (Stallworth) However we are all people and make mistakes. He has admitted to his fault. He is a great athlete and if we make it then we make it.

I know the other day he was talking about getting another dog. A lot of people think it is too soon. I think they should let him have a Chihuahua. Those little bastards will nip at him constantly.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:28 AM  

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
I am a HUGE Eagles fan and I am really torn. I was really upset the day they made the announcement about signing him. I couldn't figure out why they would make such a risky move. Of course, now they look like geniuses. All I can say is, I haven't had so much fun watching an Eagles QB since Randall.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 AM  

Reading, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSettlex View Post
Could be worse, could have killed a man and gets to play in the NFL like other players. (Stallworth) However we are all people and make mistakes. He has admitted to his fault. He is a great athlete and if we make it then we make it.

I know the other day he was talking about getting another dog. A lot of people think it is too soon. I think they should let him have a Chihuahua. Those little bastards will nip at him constantly.
Exactly. Vick has spent more time in prison and has had a harder time being accepted back into the NFL for killing an animal than Stallworth has for killing a person. Out of the, two I think Vick has paid his debt.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 AM  

Philly, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Staypuft View Post
Exactly. Vick has spent more time in prison and has had a harder time being accepted back into the NFL for killing an animal than Stallworth has for killing a person. Out of the, two I think Vick has paid his debt.
Comparing the two is pointless. But if you must, look at it this way: Stallworth made ONE bad decision - to drive. Vick repeatedly and intentionally engaged in the torture of countless dogs, and contributed to the ability of others to do it as well. You're comparing a single mistake to repeated acts of willful sadism.

I think he's paid his price in terms of imprisonment - but I think he's still got a lot of work to do in terms of raising awareness about how cowardly and s**tfully ignorant dog fighting is. And if he wants to be around dogs - there's plenty in the shelters that need attention.

That said - I'm impressed with him as a football player. I think we do have a shot at the big dance.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
great player
Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 PM  

I'm am very impressed with the way he is playing!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:39 PM  

Souderton, PA
Being a dog lover I think he doesn't deserve a second chance.... that being said i'm not a football guy.... i'm a hockey guy.

...If he was a Wayne Gretzky type player on the Flyers.... I'd say let him play!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!