Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 01:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4666 View Post
Being a dog lover I think he doesn't deserve a second chance.... that being said i'm not a football guy.... i'm a hockey guy.

...If he was a Wayne Gretzky type player on the Flyers.... I'd say let him play!
Why doesn't he deserve a second chance? I thought the whole point of prison was rehabilitation, not punishing a person for life. I would say that based on what I have seen from Vick, he has been rehabilitated. I don't like what he did either -- and I am also a dog owner and lover -- but I'd say he certainly deserves another chance.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 PM  

Spring City, PA
Vick, being caught did so much for bringing to light the dog fighting situation. I own two rescue pits and hated him for what he did. But i do believe in second chances unless if he fumbles into a defensive touch down like he just did against the Vikings...

Old 12-28-2010, 07:57 PM  

Phialdelphia
Vick did his time, gave back contract money and it seems like he's trying to make good, so let him be. I don't understand what people expect, for him not to do his job?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 AM  

Philly, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonami View Post
Vick did his time, gave back contract money and it seems like he's trying to make good, so let him be. I don't understand what people expect, for him not to do his job?
Actually, he still owes quite a bit in contract money - its a figure that's in the millions. That's a prime reason to allow him to play football, its his creditors best chance at getting their money back.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 AM  

Downingtown, PA
I'm a huge dog lover and even I agree he has paid his dues, done his time, learned and moved on. Let him play! There are people in the NFL that have killed OTHER PEOPLE (stallworth, lewis, etc.) and you never hear anything about them. He did his time and he is fortunate enough to get a second chance. Now I just hope his second chance turns into a superbowl for the birds!!! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLESSS!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 PM  
Its a Jeep thing

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Great man and he did a ton for the Eagles this year. Like always the year ended too short but there's always next year. Still can't believe that Sean McDermott was fired, feel like yes the defense sucked but it was mostly personnel which is Andy's fault
Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM  

New Hope, PA
He actually lives down the street from me.

Solebury Township Bucks County......shsssh

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!