Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 AM  

Sergeantsville, New Jersey
Philadelphia is a Great Beer City!

Just sayin' . . .

Old 11-16-2010, 08:19 PM  

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Uhhh, yeah. While it is usually easy to find the good beer spots in the city, what is really cool to see are the beer bars popping up out in the burbs and even further out here in the country. For example, Capone's in Norristown, TJ's in Paoli, Pinnocchio's in Media and one of my fav's The Whip Tavern in Cochranville.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:25 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
It's true! I'm always discovering new pubs with a unique selection of beer as well as loving the old favorites. While there aren't as many breweries as I'd like, the ones we have still have a lot to offer. What are some favorite bars/brew pubs/breweries for everyone? I'm a big fan of Nodding Head for brew pubs, and frequent Beneluxx as well as the South Philly Tap Room for their varieties of beer both in bottle and on tap.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 PM  

Philadelphia, NJ
brauhaus schmitz on south is one of my new favorite places ... great selection of german beers and awesome food!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 PM  

New Port Richey (tampa), Florida
I was just up in Philly last week and visited the South Philly Tap Room and Pub on Passyunk East. Both places were excellent but the atmosphere at the POPE was a little more to my liking. Good selection of microbrews at each.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:33 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
For being in the middle of nowhere (not even cel service) the Whip Tavern is great. A handful of quality English beers on tap, a few local (and rotating) brews AND a cask set-up combined with top notch English 'pub fare' make it a highly desireable stop.

They do a different 'special' each weekend, and the first weekend is Prime Rib which RAWKS.

The Whip Tavern

The Half Moon Saloon in Kennett Square is another out-of-town eatery with a great menu and an outstanding draft selection.

Half Moon Restaurant and Saloon
Back in Philly, Yards brewery is open most days with a full selection on draft, and if you get lucky (which I haven't) you might be able to score a quick tour from one of the maestros.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:51 AM  
sbs

West Chester, PA
The Whip is actually in Coatesville off of route 82- see www.thewhiptavern.com for directions.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:39 AM  

Philly Beer Week is heaven on earth! Be sure to visit Capone's in Norristown for awesome beer selections!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM  

Skippack, PA
As others have said, Capone's is top notch for beer.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
What's everyone drinking this weekend?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.